Vodacom: NO SERVICE

grok

Honorary Master
If today was anything to go by I'm willing to accept that the no service issue is related to the Vodacom network.

Pixual

Expert Member
So while the whole country is getting the shaft from VC my service decides to work properly again. Go figure...

Theben

I'm on the West Rand Johannesburg - no service since about 12h00 today - very frustrating - Vodacom sucks

PeanutX

Signal came back last night, just got "connection error" again while on the phone. This is madness!

Pixual

Expert Member
I lost signal and got my friend NO SERVICE again this afternoon...

EchoZA

Expert Member
NO SERVICE is back in Durban, started this morning, full signal and 3G drove 2km from home, down to 1 bar and EDGE, got to work in town and NO SERVICE...

ShakeSpeer

Same here ... on my way to PTA still got emails coming in, and now in Centurion NO SERVICE ... is this the best VC can do with the R1.5K I pay them every month ?

StellenboschStudent

Expert Member
I am having this problem now with my iPhone 4. When 3G is turned on, I have no reception, 3G off, I have full reception.
I did reset my phone, tried everything, but no luck... what else can I do?

fxit_man

Executive Member
I am having this problem now with my iPhone 4. When 3G is turned on, I have no reception, 3G off, I have full reception.
I did reset my phone, tried everything, but no luck... what else can I do?

Since when? Contacted Vodacom to check if it's an area problem? Happening in all areas? In Settings > Carrier is it set to Automatic? Have you tried updating firmware? Different SIM card?

Leopardleap

We are in a rural area where MTN and Vodacom have GOOD service on the simplest Nokia's, but on iPhone it is disaster. Running around all the time from no service , searching, 1 dot, 2 dots, 3 dots, 4 dots, (never a 5th dot) and than back again to no service etc etc. And even with 4 dots available I cannot call out or receive calls. Only when I am in town I have more luck, but even in JNB half of the time ......NO SERVICE......

sajunky

Honorary Master
Running around all the time from no service , searching, 1 dot, 2 dots, 3 dots, 4 dots, (never a 5th dot) and than back again to no service etc etc.
The same. Much lower sensitivity than Nokia 1600 or other cheap phones. In addition to that, there is very unstable network indicator, jumping from 1 to 4 bars. You don't say what your phone is, but on iPhone 4 it is known problem -touching low left corner breaks connection and drops calls. A reason is shorting cellular antenna located on the metal band. iOS updates are trying to hide a problem by cheating signal indicator. It doesn't work when phone is displaying No Service.

Solution. I purchased silicone condom, but you can use duct tape to cover area where is a gap between two metal bands.

KingLv

I have no service issues on the iphone 5 with CellC all the time.

Can't go a week without dropping a call or 2... A bad week like 10.

On occasion I have all bars/dots with 3G but can't make a call and the internet does not work.

I thought Cellc was to blame but If you guys have having issues on Vodacom then I have to ask... is the iphone to blame.

I think a sticky should be created....

Vodacom - No Service
Cellc - No Service
MTN - No Service

So we can really see how bad the iphone performs on SA networks.