Vodacom Online Upgrade Nightmare - Escalation Process

dyllindd

Good Day Everyone,

I am currently at my wit's end with Vodacom and RAM Couriers. I ordered a Galaxy Note 9 on Vodacom Online on Thursday 29 November.
On Friday when RAM attempted delivery of the device I could not take delivery as I am not the main account holder. I was told by RAM to submit a change of delivery address in order to have them deliver the device to the main account holder.

After numerous calls to the Online Call Center (08217844) and being advised on different processes to follow every time I finally manage to submit the change of delivery after my initial complaints on Hello Peter.

Vodacom provided confirmation that the change of delivery address was sent to RAM Couriers. When I contact RAM two days in a row, I was advised by their customer service that they have no knowledge of any change of address received. RAM also keeps on calling the wrong number as supplied by Vodacom which I have corrected approximately 5 times now, yet the never seem to correct this on their side.

Can anyone please advise me on how to take this matter further. Vodacom's Customer Care Line takes forever to answer a call and their agents cannot seem to advise on the correct processes to follow. Their online chat service is slow to respond and if they cannot assist you they simply do not respond at all.

RAM's Customer Care line also takes forever to answer a call and their staff are generally very impatient and not helpful at all. They do not take note of any additional information that you provide and they completely ignore reuquests submitted through their website.

If there is any Vodacom representatives on this forum, could you please advise me how to go about resolving this matter as I am constantly being diverted by Vodacom and RAM to the other party.

If anyone can advise on a possible solution, that will be much appreciated.

Thank you very much.

marioat1

Expert Member
The main account holder needs to contact vodacom and Ram, you have no legal standing in the upgrade process or delivery.

dyllindd

Hi Marioat1,

My apologies, my mother is the main account holder and she has requested the change of delivery address with both Vodacom and RAM. She also ordered the device. I am just following up from a progress perspective as my mother is not receiving any feedback from either parties.

Any necessary course of action to be taken will be taken by her.

Thank you.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Aaah I remember why I kicked Vodacom to the curb every time I read this kind of thing.

Magnum

Expert Member
Just keep on ordering new Phones until one eventually shows up.