Vodacom Problems: Slow Throughput, trying to Connect, DNS, High Latency

Status
Not open for further replies.
The last week or so I've been having shocking download speeds! I'm supposed to be on a 3.6 Mbps connection, and I'm only getting 0.5 Mbps.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/473240696.png

That's in Muizenberg, Capricorn Beach area.

and that, my friend, is the reason i will not pay extra for any additional speed, because u will never get the promised speeds, and alas, no refund either.
 
This truly sucks!

I have done a speedtests on 3.6 connection
+/- 21h50

Vodacom test:
D/L: 1637kbs
U/L: 143kbs

Speedtest.net


This problem just seem to be going from bad to worse.:eek:
 
Did you get your antenna?

Yes I did, Thanks for that...
Now the original problem of the antenna faces me... where to put it. Didnt think they would bring me half a car-size one lol.

Anyway, so far signal improves only very slightly, but original problem still persists. Will feedback more proper when mounted and tested proper.
Any chance you can send me (PM maybe or email?) a layout or map of the sites in my area? I have 3-4 towers my modem switches to but will help if i know better where to aim.

Back on point.
As another user noted, today at noon, DNS was completely dead.
Zero DNS done, not even on-net (vodacom.co.za and 4me.co.za).
 
Yes I did, Thanks for that...
Now the original problem of the antenna faces me... where to put it. Didnt think they would bring me half a car-size one lol.

Anyway, so far signal improves only very slightly, but original problem still persists. Will feedback more proper when mounted and tested proper.
Any chance you can send me (PM maybe or email?) a layout or map of the sites in my area? I have 3-4 towers my modem switches to but will help if i know better where to aim.

Back on point.
As another user noted, today at noon, DNS was completely dead.
Zero DNS done, not even on-net (vodacom.co.za and 4me.co.za).

Best is to ask the local guys that gave you the antenna. They'll know where their towers are. Do you have their contact details?
 
VC No Data in Primrose Hill today

Hi Guys...

No Signal on my E220. Area Primrose Hill. Have Tried 2 modems. Nothing.
MTN working 100%.

Can someone check please.

Thanks Guys

Thank Goodness for the 2nd backup MTN ;)
 
Tried to log on this morning between 7:30am and 8am. In Fourways.

I could not connect on GPRS or 3G. Tried restarting the PC, and disconnecting and reconnecting the modem. And re-inserting the SIM card. Nothing.

I was getting 4 bars of signal on both GPRS and 3G, just could not connect at all.

I'm at work now, in PTA, and I'm connecting fine. Must be a problem with the towers in Fourways.
 
Can anyone confirm if they still see DNS problems and/or how long the DNS issues around noon lasted?

I honestly have to say I dont know how long it lasted.
When i got back home from the movies it was 3PM and was working again.

Sorry, havent had much time, lots of workies in my bin.



As for the local guys, yes I have the guy's number that brought the antenna. Will give a call soon as I can.
 
International sites not loading

is there a problem with international sites today.
My self and my Partner are in different areas of PE, and we both have trouble accessing international sites.

The receiving server will a, give us a internal server error. undefined but could be related to time out.

or the site will just be blank, even though the browser says its finished loading.

any ideas.
 
Had the same problem most of the day.. but only with some international sites...

Unfortunately my mail server was one of them :(
 
had a problem with Plugg and Opendns. Changed ISPs and now all is well. Main problem was with resolving Google, typed in the IP address for Google and it went through.
 
Problems with Vodacom From last week

:mad:

Anyone else having severe problems with Vodacom HSDPA since about last week ? I used to be able to play games using HSDPA for months and now suddenly I am lagging out ?

:eek:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X