Vodacom Problems: Slow Throughput, trying to Connect, DNS, High Latency

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kingrob wants to believe that.:p They have fenced themselves in and are living on an Island of there own with just a couple of gates to go in and out. Security Village you know.

I lived in Doringkloof for many years and went to Irene Primary. For sure then Irene was just farmland and the larneys lived in the brand new Doringkloof!
 
I lived in Doringkloof for many years and went to Irene Primary. For sure then Irene was just farmland and the larneys lived in the brand new Doringkloof!

Well, now it's called 'Horingkloof' - it's not so posh anymore. :sick: :eek:
 
Here are my results clearly showing a big problem with the international line.


Vodacom

down 1837
up 349


http://speedtest-rba.isdsl.net/

Start Time: 21:28:19
End time: 21:28:23
Download Size: 409600 bytes
Time Delta: 4.0604140758514 seconds
Download Speed: 99 KBytes/s
Line Speed: 792 kbits/s


http://www.speedtest.net/

Cape Town

down 848
up 349


LA

down 142
up 77

UK

down 150
up 82


Its really horrible service that vodacom are offering.
 
2007-08-13

Very slow connection. It takes forever to download my mail.

Location: Rivonia Ext12 Jhb
APN: Internet
IMEI: 351969004358728,CL134BA1ZT
Pay as you go, bought it on Saturday.

When I got home around 17:30 I had to reconnect 3 times just to get a ping going. Connection still very poor at 19:00

I had this problem over the weekend as well. At times I have a very good connection and the it just stops and I have to reconnect (on occasion I had to remove the data-card and re-insert it again)

Regards

I have now reported this to 155 and have the following reference number: AW-HHT8-G97XT.

vodacom3g: Please follow up on this. I need this resolved ASAP or you will be losing a prospective customer. See my other post in this forum as to why it is important to me to have a stable connection.

Regards
 
hi, same problem here in Sunninghill, Johannesburg for the past week. Cannot connect from about 6 to 11 and Flaky the entire day. I've resorted to connecting with a mtn sim to log this message. Now I have to decide whether to put up with this service, wait for Neotel or go crawling back to Hellkom. Not sure how much longer I can put up with this, the 1 and 5 keys on the phone are pretty tired now....
 
hi, same problem here in Sunninghill, Johannesburg for the past week. Cannot connect from about 6 to 11 and Flaky the entire day. I've resorted to connecting with a mtn sim to log this message. Now I have to decide whether to put up with this service, wait for Neotel or go crawling back to Hellkom. Not sure how much longer I can put up with this, the 1 and 5 keys on the phone are pretty tired now....

Have you reported this to 155 or via email to customercare ??

:cool:
 
Yes, AW-HG85-W96JJ - Logged yesterday. My wife said that they called this morning during one of the instances when it was working. It then went down for the rest of the afternoon and has not been working since. Same problems with both E61 and N80 on two different computers.
 
Yes, AW-HG85-W96JJ - Logged yesterday. My wife said that they called this morning during one of the instances when it was working. It then went down for the rest of the afternoon and has not been working since. Same problems with both E61 and N80 on two different computers.

Are you by any chance using a prepaid sim?
 
Yep. prepaid SIM. Something I should know about prepaid vs contract?
 
Yep. prepaid SIM. Something I should know about prepaid vs contract?

Vodacom were having some issues with prepaid customers not being able to connect while contract customers could. I was under the impression that this issue had been resolved.

I'm on the hybrid contract --> Top Up 135 and didn't have any problems when the prepaid people were having issues. But yesterday and today I'm having a few hiccups as well:(
 
Download Speed: 714 kbps (89.3 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 251 kbps (31.4 KB/sec transfer rate)

This looks as if it could work, although I got 1400+ downlink before all this k.. started. Even though it looks good, I still get disconnected from VC, as well as experiencing timeouts and crap download speeds (up to 10Kb/s) internationally, when it actually downloads that is. :(

Pretoria, Fearry Glen
 
Guys, going to disconnect the MTN sim and try one more time with the vodacom one, if I'm not back posting then this has been another unsuccessful night with Voda.
If there is anything else I can try then please let me know.
Thanks.
 
Well, here I am after 11:00pm on a prepaid voda sim and now finally able to connect.
I wonder if prepaid people are getting bumped off during the 6-11pm slot or other peak periods because this is really weird??
Anyway it's late and I'm off to bed. Thanks to those who listened.

Edit:
Got disconnected trying to post this - this is attempt # 2.
 
Download Speed: 714 kbps (89.3 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 251 kbps (31.4 KB/sec transfer rate)

This looks as if it could work, although I got 1400+ downlink before all this k.. started. Even though it looks good, I still get disconnected from VC, as well as experiencing timeouts and crap download speeds (up to 10Kb/s) internationally, when it actually downloads that is. :(

Pretoria, Fearry Glen

What modem & software are you using. Try and set for 3G only. This keeps the link up much longer.

:cool:
 
I'm using my HSDPA cellphone to connect, which is using windows mobile, so software isn't an issue, the cellphone also works perfectly, because I have tested it in other locations, I think it was waterkloof, and got 1370kbps downlink. I hope these issues can be resolved.

As stated in a previous post, I am about 100 - 150m from tower, so signal isn't the problem. I've also noticed it keeps on jumping from HSDPA to 3G, as displayed on the cellphone.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X