Vodacom Problems: Slow Throughput, trying to Connect, DNS, High Latency

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm getting a fairly odd issue now and its very specific to HTTP (at least as I can see atm)

I'm on IRC 100% and MSN, neither of them have disconnected but every minute or so, Firefox refuses to connect to any site for about 30 or 40 seconds, then rights itself.

Very Very odd.
 
Back on 3G!

Download Speed: 1388 kbps (173.5 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 56 kbps (7 KB/sec transfer rate)

For how long, who knows? Anyways, thank you Santa!
 
10pm

Yup, battling to browse pages. WoW was okay till 5mins ago. Got Dc'd and now battling to reconnect.
 
At least we can thank Vodacom for one good thing... Never giving us a dull moment ;)
 
At least we can thank Vodacom for one good thing... Never giving us a dull moment ;)

LOL! Mine is back to the usual suckfest! Whats the number for Telkom business adsl signups?...seriously...i cant remember.
 
10:05pm... Latest Speed Test Result:
Download Speed: 632 kbps (79 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 353 kbps (44.1 KB/sec transfer rate)


really now, whats the point of having a HSDPA Modem, if you cant utillize its capabillities???? Its like buying a car with no tires. You can still drive it, but you aint getting anywhere either!
 
10:05pm... Latest Speed Test Result:
Download Speed: 632 kbps (79 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 353 kbps (44.1 KB/sec transfer rate)


really now, whats the point of having a HSDPA Modem, if you cant utillize its capabillities???? Its like buying a car with no tires. You can still drive it, but you aint getting anywhere either!

Your speeds are way better than mine --> I'm getting Vanilla 3G speeds even though I'm connected on HSDPA.
 
Imagine hospitals or "911" was like Vodacom at the moment :rolleyes:

“Help, one of my friends just got shot, we need an ambulance!”……”In what area are you sir?”…..”Waterkloof!”….”Thank you for your call, we will log the situation, so we can look into the problem as soon as we can.”……..”But I need help NOW.”……”Sir, due to congestion on the roads, we won’t be able to help you, please try again later, when most of the people are off the roads.” :D

I still can't surf, got 5 timeouts, and takes me about 10min to open a webpage. If only I could force it to go to GPRS, it would fix the problem.
 
HAHAHAHA ---> Download Speed: 1396 kbps (174.5 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 187 kbps (23.4 KB/sec transfer rate) <--- HAHAHAHA

Seriously, thats a pretty good speed to get....but it doesnt help me much cause there isnt anything i want to download on the vodacom speed test site!!!!! :mad::mad::mad:
 
Imagine hospitals or "911" was like Vodacom at the moment :rolleyes:

“Help, one of my friends just got shot, we need an ambulance!”……”In what area are you sir?”…..”Waterkloof!”….”Thank you for your call, we will log the situation, so we can look into the problem as soon as we can.”……..”But I need help NOW.”……”Sir, due to congestion on the roads, we won’t be able to help you, please try again later, when most of the people are off the roads.” :D

I still can't surf, got 5 timeouts, and takes me about 10min to open a webpage. If only I could force it to go to GPRS, it would fix the problem.

LOL @ that, but that's still ok. Just imagine Telkom...

Waiting 45mins in a Queue after being shot...

Call gets answered "Hello sir/ma'am, how my i assist you?" "Help! I've been shot! I think i'm losing alot of blood..." "Where have you been shot sir?" "In the @ss!" "Oh i'm sorry sir, you're in the wrong section, if you hold i will gladly get the correct department on line :) "

It gets worse:
Download Speed: 176 kbps (22 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 351 kbps (43.9 KB/sec transfer rate)

Ai :(
 
Doesn't matter, he's got a vodahell simcard in it.

lol, sad but true, I already confirmed that it isn't the phone, because when I drove to a friend of mine's house near waterkloof it worked perfectly, got 1400kbps more or less, which is awesome. Now well, still crying every night when I go to sleep, I'm starting to miss internet :(
 
sweet in the am.

Your download speed is: 106 KBps, or 848.03 Kbps

now that's sweet!! temporary but for now very very sweet....

mr oOze are you still flying my man?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X