Vodacom Problems: Slow Throughput, trying to Connect, DNS, High Latency

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two days ago I got these crazy speeds (5000 kbps) - as reported under the speed thread - but my download speeds have been very erratic since then. The upload speeds remain solid but my download speeds are now down to 3G speed most of the time (jumping to HSDPA and HSUPA for brief moments), and I get disconnected more often (signal disappearing completely).

Kaapzicht/Panorama area, Cape Town
Huawei E172 modem
Win XP
 
Century City seems to be holding out. Unless the problems are only affecting pre-paid (I recently moved to contract). What are the rest of you Cape Town guys on contract or pre-paid?
 
Two days ago I got these crazy speeds (5000 kbps) - as reported under the speed thread - but my download speeds have been very erratic since then. The upload speeds remain solid but my download speeds are now down to 3G speed most of the time (jumping to HSDPA and HSUPA for brief moments), and I get disconnected more often (signal disappearing completely).

Kaapzicht/Panorama area, Cape Town
Huawei E172 modem
Win XP

You must send me the MSISDN of that SIM.
 
Hillfox / Panorama Gauteng

Wednesday, 3 days after my first complaint still no 3G. Not on my phone not on my PC. I contacted friends, family and neighbours who live in the same area, and they have the same problem. They are just not taking the time to complain! :eek: Is it a 'Pre-paid' problem?
 
Eish there is a problem :

Tracing route to www.l.google.com [209.85.227.99]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 106 ms * * 10.113.95.2
2 112 ms 119 ms 119 ms 10.113.95.2
3 * * * Request timed out.
4 * * * Request timed out.
5 * * * Request timed out.
6 * * * Request timed out.
7 * * * Request timed out.
8 * * * Request timed out.
9 * * * Request timed out.
10 * * * Request timed out.
11 * * * Request timed out.
12 296 ms 319 ms 319 ms 209.85.227.99

Trace complete.

C:\Users\Peter>
 
Eish there is a problem :

Tracing route to www.l.google.com [209.85.227.99]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 106 ms * * 10.113.95.2
2 112 ms 119 ms 119 ms 10.113.95.2
3 * * * Request timed out.
4 * * * Request timed out.
5 * * * Request timed out.
6 * * * Request timed out.
7 * * * Request timed out.
8 * * * Request timed out.
9 * * * Request timed out.
10 * * * Request timed out.
11 * * * Request timed out.
12 296 ms 319 ms 319 ms 209.85.227.99

Trace complete.

C:\Users\Peter>

Do you normally get the trace route complete? :confused:
 
Im gonna touch wood here while I say this. Yesterday I connected at about sixish, worked a bit, inadvertently left my machine on the entire night, came back now and saw that it was still connected over 12 hours later and still getting throughput. It does look good doesn't it. :)
 
Im gonna touch wood here while I say this. Yesterday I connected at about sixish, worked a bit, inadvertently left my machine on the entire night, came back now and saw that it was still connected over 12 hours later and still getting throughput. It does look good doesn't it. :)

And it was probably last night that you accidentally left your torrent client open and now have 'seeded' 2GB worth of data. :)

Which modem is this?
 
Been getting "zombie" connections from about 20:30 until now, connect to the network, get IP address, but can't resolve DNS or ping anything.
Still getting zombie connections for the past few days, but disconnecting and reconnecting gets me a good connection.
 
Gaming was painful last nite... lots of stopstart lag and disconnects (from game server, not from VC network). Will keep tabs on it.

e220
prepaid
 
And it was probably last night that you accidentally left your torrent client open and now have 'seeded' 2GB worth of data. :)

Which modem is this?

No, no, im religious about leaving any torrents running unattended. Infact,
only about 8MB was used in the session. It the embedded Novatel modem that comes with the Dell Latitude D630.
 
No, no, im religious about leaving any torrents running unattended. Infact,
only about 8MB was used in the session. It the embedded Novatel modem that comes with the Dell Latitude D630.

:)

I left Limewire running accidentally one night on my laptop and of course the modem/network behaved impeccably all night and never disconnected.

Lost 1GB of data......:o
 
I have already had 3 disconnects in the 20min that I have been online. Looks like it's my turn to take one for team Cape Town.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X