Vodacom Talking Points data bundles mean less is more

Buzybuy

Dealer
Wish the reward systems could be dropped and just credit the account with cash, that would be a true reward.

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
Looks to me like you must choose between maximising SMS bundles or Data? it just depends on what you need and what you use the most.

ajax

Executive Member
Vodacom Talking points is a joke. R10 to earn 1 point means I have to spend R1000 on airtime before I can claim a 100 sms bundle.

MTN Loyalty points on the other hand gives you 1 point for every day active on the network and 1 point for each Rand spent. So for a 100 sms bundle requiring 500 loyalty points you can e.g. during 6 months on the network spend R320 on airtime to get 320 points and the other 180 points you get just for being active.

Kgabogk

Expert Member
how much do you give vodacom to recieve 75mb compared to when you simply buy the bundle?Are this points actually free?

Axis

Why don't they just lower their prices. Much easier to implement. Less admin.

Kgabogk

Expert Member
Vodacom Talking points is a joke. R10 to earn 1 point means I have to spend R1000 on airtime before I can claim a 100 sms bundle.

MTN Loyalty points on the other hand gives you 1 point for every day active on the network and 1 point for each Rand spent. So for a 100 sms bundle requiring 500 loyalty points you can e.g. during 6 months on the network spend R320 on airtime to get 320 points and the other 180 points you get just for being active.

well said,MTN does offer absolutely free points

Sodan

Expert Member
Well, what were you expecting? Afterall, it's:

Vodacom: South Africa's (Mis)leading Cellular Network

stricken

Expert Member
frankly... the whole vodacom basket with 2 zillion different terms/conditions/and choices is a bit counter intuitive. Was looking for 3 phones for my workers the other day.. and the VC site confused the crap out of me.. so i ended getting 3 phones in 4 clicks from cell c. GET WITH THE PROGRAM VODACOM AND STOP WORRYING ABOUT WHAT SHIRT YOURE GONNA WEAR THIS MORNING.

Polemus

Expert Member
500pts ===== MyMeg 300 Free Data Bundle valid for up to 60 days

!@#$ing insane.....

This means that if you spend R5,000.00 on recharge vouchers you get 300mb data free.

you can keep your data @ VC.

so much for a loyalty program... pfffff...

UPDATE:
and since when does loyalty = money spent ???

Last edited:

SlickNick

Expert Member
While it's not the best incentive, they do offer other things on and off, where you recharge for a certain amoutn and get an extra R10 worth of airtime. I remember that they ran that for a few months when I registered my new number and actually gave me airtime for using them for more than 30 days, then more than 60 days. So it was cool.

Only claimed 2x 100 sms bundles so far since I've registered the new number. After 4 or 6 months of claiming, I have enough points to claim again.

Aztech

When all your pricing has zero correlation to cost but is instead plucked from your favourite orifice with the help of your biggest "competitor" agreeing not to undercut you so you can both rape the SA population and economy as hard as possible, is it any wonder your loyalty points don't seem to make much sense?

Gatecrasher

Executive Member
What a mess. If you want loyalty, how about firing your useless product developers, dropping your prices and offering some much needed value for money.

Antonf

Expert Member
The principle of "buying bigger/more makes it cheaper" has never worked for Vodacom, and still doesn't. The issue with talking points is exactly s with data bundles, buy a bigger bundle (5Gb and more) and it costs more/Gb.

Last edited: