infrared

Hey guys,

I really need your help, I'm interested in buying the 400gb fatpipe which is advertised for R299 on the Vox website. I'm not sure if I should get a capped or uncapped account. My typical day is work from 8am to 7pm and there will be 3 devices which will be connected to the wifi( two phones and a smart TV.) So the wifi will be mainly used for YouTube, downloading movies and streaming on the TV using an android box. And I'm looking for speeds of upto 20mbps. So what is the estimated total cost per month I'm looking at with line rental and everything?
And the main should I be getting ADSL now since Telkom is switching of ADSL ( staying in an area with no fibre).

Thanks in advance.

cavedog

Honorary Master
Well you are probably looking at ~R205 or so for the line only and then R299 for the 400GB data and ~R445 for the ADSL/VDSL line rental. Total being ~R954 monthly.

It's a bit steep but it's 20Mbps which is not bad. ADSL/VDSL is still very much available to order and will likely only be discontinued if Openserve fibre goes live and/or copper gets stolen. Until then I don't think your should be worried about it.

Infogro has 600GB data with a 20Mbps line for R725 + ~R205 Telkom line gives you a total of ~R930 per month. They have the uncapped unshaped 20Mbps bundle for R825 + R205 Telkom line.

infrared

Well you are probably looking at ~R205 or so for the line only and then R299 for the 400GB data and ~R445 for the ADSL/VDSL line rental. Total being ~R954 monthly.

It's a bit steep but it's 20Mbps which is not bad. ADSL/VDSL is still very much available to order and will likely only be discontinued if Openserve fibre goes live and/or copper gets stolen. Until then I don't think your should be worried about it.

Infogro has 600GB data with a 20Mbps line for R725 + ~R205 Telkom line gives you a total of ~R930 per month. They have the uncapped unshaped 20Mbps bundle for R825 + R205 Telkom line.
Thanks for the quick reply. I see it is a bit more than what I wanted to spend. I'm looking at about 750 max. If I get a 10mbps instead that will work out cheaper. Or can I get an uncapped account with 10mbps line for roundabout that price range.