Vox fatpipe or Afrihost capped account.

Shpongle

Hi all,

I am looking for a new ISP and need help deciding between the Vox and Afrihost capped accounts. I am on a 4 meg Adsl line and use around 150 gigs a month, mostly streaming but the occasional torrent as well.

Let me know what your subjective experiences are please guys?

:thumbsup:

WAslayer

Expert Member
I have a box fatpipe account.. I signed up for the 200GB capped account 2 or 3 years ago and I have not had a single issue with anything other than Telkom outages..

Worth every penny..

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
Afrihost is more expensive and worse (higher latency, less roll-over (afrihost doesn't have on fiber if you get the line with them) and very common to have network issues) than Vox, go with Vox.

I would seriously avoid Vox.
I moved house in Cape Town (5km move) and wanted to just change my address (as I was with Vox and Octotel serviced both places). I told Vox 2 weeks prior to move and confirmed that I could qualify for their 'promo' of no installation fee at the new place. Well no luck. I was billed R1,085 for installation since they said I should have given a months notice as they needed to cancel my account. As someone who was just changing address, why cancel my account and not just change address details? Well that seems to have been answered... now that I'm leaving Vox for their false promises, they've indicated they will bill me R1,500 early termination fee on their 'month to month' 12-month contract (despite me having been with them for 3 years). So account termination for no good reason is just their way of locking you into another 12-month contract.
So Vox?

wingnut771

Expert Member
I would seriously avoid Vox.
I moved house in Cape Town (5km move) and wanted to just change my address (as I was with Vox and Octotel serviced both places). I told Vox 2 weeks prior to move and confirmed that I could qualify for their 'promo' of no installation fee at the new place. Well no luck. I was billed R1,085 for installation since they said I should have given a months notice as they needed to cancel my account. As someone who was just changing address, why cancel my account and not just change address details? Well that seems to have been answered... now that I'm leaving Vox for their false promises, they've indicated they will bill me R1,500 early termination fee on their 'month to month' 12-month contract (despite me having been with them for 3 years). So account termination for no good reason is just their way of locking you into another 12-month contract.
So Vox?
Don't stress about things you have no control over. You'll live longer.

Thor

Honorary Master
You can't mention Vox and Afrihost in the same sentence.

Afrihost is a ****up.

Vox is in its own league.

Totempole

Expert Member
I'm not going to sing their praises, but compared to Afrihost, Vox wins hands down. I have accounts with both. The only real benefit of Afrihost is 8 hours a day of zero rated usage as opposed to Vox's 6.

I find that Afrihost shapes even more than their sister company Axxess at times.

Vox's senior support staff are extremely arrogant, but other than that and badly worded T's and C's they're generally okay. Annual price increases are pretty much guaranteed with Vox, although you're not immune to that with AH either.