Vox Telecom reduces uncapped ADSL prices

SykomantiS

Expert Member
That's (4mbps) cheaper than my current package. (which is with Crystal web - capped package).
How's the throttling / fup and all that?

GSRit01

Yip, would like to know about the FUP etc. Perhaps a Uncapped Vox Thread should be started?

MartyMarts

Spontaneous Interruption
As a content fat-pipe customer, those prices do look tasty. But yes, more info needed!

SykomantiS

Expert Member
I had the fatpipe samsung 1TB promo. Was arguably the best 1TB of data I've ever had.
But I don't see an uncapped package performing the same as Fatpipe, which is a bit more than I'm willing to pay at this stage.

Fox1

Expert Member
If the packages are on the IS backbone then I expect them to be unshaped after office hours and on weekends like the Incredible Connection packages.

cvanwie

Hi all,

The fair use policy will be published on our website within the next 36 hours. Product told me that it should be up by end of day, otherwise tomorrow morning sometime.

We feel very strongly that this kind of information is key to provide so there are no questions about the service.

No stars, no windows; the rest will be explained when published. Once I hear that it's on the site; I'll update this post.

Regards,
Chris

Chris Van Wie
Solution Architect
Vox Telecom Limited

cvanwie

If the packages are on the IS backbone then I expect them to be unshaped after office hours and on weekends like the Incredible Connection packages.
The accounts are on our network.

Regards,
Chris

Chris Van Wie
Solution Architect
Vox Telecom Limited

Zyzzyva

Executive Member
These are most likely new uncapped accounts on the vox backbone. Based on chatter a few weeks back it seemed like vox were planning to do uncapped a bit different than others. Unshaped, but with line speed reductions at clear gig amounts.

e.g.

at 150 gigs line speed is halved
at 250 gigs it is halved again.

etc

But it's all speculation, we will have to wait and see what the thresholds are.

techead

Honorary Master
Not sure if this is fair comment, but I hope these uncapped packages are not going to be the beginning of the end for them.

Zyzzyva

Executive Member
Not sure if this is fair comment, but I hope these uncapped packages are not going to be the beginning of the end for them.
They took the double IPC deal when Telkom offered it a short while back. So at this pricing it should be sustainable.

Chevron

Serial breaker of phones
Hi all,

The fair use policy will be published on our website within the next 36 hours. Product told me that it should be up by end of day, otherwise tomorrow morning sometime.

We feel very strongly that this kind of information is key to provide so there are no questions about the service.

No stars, no windows; the rest will be explained when published. Once I hear that it's on the site; I'll update this post.

Regards,
Chris

Chris Van Wie
Solution Architect
Vox Telecom Limited
These are almost too cheap. Any Plans for a premium account so that want a proper experience that's closer to FatPipe can pay for it?

cvanwie

These are almost too cheap. Any Plans for a premium account so that want a proper experience that's closer to FatPipe can pay for it?
At this time, I am unaware of any "premium" uncapped product on the horizon.

Our premium data is Fatpipe.

Regards,
Chris

Chris Van Wie
Solution Architect
Vox Telecom Limited

GSRit01

Hi all,

Regards,
Chris

Chris Van Wie
Solution Architect
Vox Telecom Limited
Keen.

jvk

Expert Member
@cvanwie is there a way to just swap products ? ie i want to swap my 300gb capped account for this uncapped product can it be done ?
just asking because i'm sure most people wont want to wait the 30 days to cancel their existing products just to take up this new offering.