VPS Beta Testers - Currently Delayed

Jade @ Absolute Hosting

Absolute Hosting Representative
Company Rep
Hey guys

It is with regret that we'll have to delay our VPS Beta program that we've been so eager to get off the ground, this after receiving a faulty SuperMicro system.

We've spent the last day diagnosing issues with SuperMicro Support, how ever despite trying all options including beta firmware the server needs to be sent back under RMA.

I'm disappointed, frustrated and everything else in between those two emotions right now. :mad:

It has taken two months to get to this point - only to receive a dud.

I'll keep you updated on the status of this process as well as when we can expect to go live with the beta again.

For what its worth, a photo or two of a faulty SuperMicro Server

Attachments

• SM2.jpg
    SM2.jpg
    258.9 KB · Views: 32
  • SM1.jpg
    SM1.jpg
    368.9 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

Jade @ Absolute Hosting

Absolute Hosting Representative
Company Rep
Update on the issue - SuperMicro South Africa have made contact after I complained that this issue could have been avoided had their been sufficient quality checks in place prior to the server being shipped from the UK.

Who ever signed off on the assembly and testing on the system missed critical steps during their QC checks, and frankly deserves to be fired.

The solution that we purchased is not your run of the mill server which can be assembled by a local disti, hence SuperMicro insist that the entire system is assembled and spec’d according to their qualified vendor list and built by their engineers.

An advanced RMA has been submitted and SuperMicro will ship a replacement unit as soon as possible and the faulty server sent back once the replacement is received.

I hope that we’ll have a replacement within a week.

The purpose of this post is to provide transparency on the delays in getting our offerings up and running and I thank all those who have pm’d and are willing to wait - greatly appreciated.