Vuma - Moving from Vox to Afrihost

naeem.ally

Hi

How long did your guys move take?

Vox finally released the line on Sunday the 1st. I logged a call with Afrihost on Sunday morning. My line has still not been activated.
They said it takes 48 to 72 hours to resolve this, surely that doesn't sound right as it there is no installation just a new Service Provider.

Terrible introduction to Afrihost Fibre.

AfriMan

Afrihost Representative
Company Rep
Chatting to OP on PM.

We'll get you sorted out :)

Moe5508

Hi

How long did your guys move take?

Vox finally released the line on Sunday the 1st. I logged a call with Afrihost on Sunday morning. My line has still not been activated.
They said it takes 48 to 72 hours to resolve this, surely that doesn't sound right as it there is no installation just a new Service Provider.

Terrible introduction to Afrihost Fibre.
I am in a similar situation regarding the release of my line by RocketNet. This was done on the 31 August and I was looking to get connected on the Afrihost network by the 2nd September. Well, that's where the whole run-around seems to have started because when I contacted AH to check status, I was told their Fiber Ops doesn't work weekends so 31 August didn't really count. The support guy then claimed they had sent through a work order to Vuma but it was rejected because the line was still not released. I contacted RocketNet again and they sent proof (according to their system...but perhaps this is a retention strategy on their part as well?) that they had released the line. On the AH front, I finally got a reference no. I followed up today (24 hours later) and it seems nothing much has really happened...and I'm left wondering as well - there is no installation involved and its just changing ISPs...how long should such a process take? Bad introduction or welcome to AH? I'm considering I should just cancel this pending migration order and move back to RocketNet? Let's see...

naeem.ally

I am in a similar situation regarding the release of my line by RocketNet. This was done on the 31 August and I was looking to get connected on the Afrihost network by the 2nd September. Well, that's where the whole run-around seems to have started because when I contacted AH to check status, I was told their Fiber Ops doesn't work weekends so 31 August didn't really count. The support guy then claimed they had sent through a work order to Vuma but it was rejected because the line was still not released. I contacted RocketNet again and they sent proof (according to their system...but perhaps this is a retention strategy on their part as well?) that they had released the line. On the AH front, I finally got a reference no. I followed up today (24 hours later) and it seems nothing much has really happened...and I'm left wondering as well - there is no installation involved and its just changing ISPs...how long should such a process take? Bad introduction or welcome to AH? I'm considering I should just cancel this pending migration order and move back to RocketNet? Let's see...
I was thinking of going back as well.
My issue seems to be with Afrihost logging the service change request late and then Vuma having a 48 hour turn around policy for this.
Call Vuma yourself, get the ISP number from Afrihost for reference.

Moe5508

Thanks. Will try that tomorrow. It just seems silly to go without connectivity for an entire week when fibre line already exists and one is merely switching from one ISP to another.

Instead of me opening another thread, do you mind editing this one to a more generic "VUMA...MOVING FROM DIFFERENT ISP TO AFRIHOST"? then you can cater for anyone else who might be moving from any other ISP to AH as well?

Moe5508

I called Vuma, and sadly they advise they don't have any work order placed with them from Afrihost. There seems to be a bottle-neck at Afrihost FIbre Ops...As a last measure I have sent a PM to AfriMan and based on how that interaction goes, I'm definitely considering ditching this migration and going back to my old ISP...

Moe5508

I have rolled back to my old ISP, RocketNet and cancelled my migration request. The level of service and speed of response between RocketNet support team vs Afrihost Support is like the difference between night and day...
2 minutes after I sent an email to RocketNet asking to go back, I got a phone call from one of their guys and they talked me through the process, made commitments and voila, we're on our way, and they promise they are going to expedite this speedily through to Vuma...now, just how hard can that be, AH?

Moe5508

I think they (Afrihost) have been overwhelmed by the response to that 2 months free promo they ran and they are quite willing now to just let some potential customers go away...

alkit

I am in the same boat. Also moving from Vox to Afrihost. TWO of my lines - personal and business:

1st/2nd September - spent over 2 hours with Afrihost on the phone only to find out that Vox hasn't released the line. Called Vox and they said that they couldn't release from Vuma over the weekend (heck, but they can cut my internet access in the early hours of Sunday morning).
3rd Sept - empty promises from Afrihost that they are trying their best and it can take up to 48 hours, so I musst just be patient
4th Sept - After speaking to Afriman and going back and forth, a senior eventually called me and said one of the lines would be active midnight. . Shocker - it was not. He also told me he would call the very next morning about the business line.
5th Sept - Never received a call back from the senior in the morning. Wrote to Afriman again and only eventually got a call mid afternoon to say my 1st line is actually up (although I was not home to test). Business line - they still have no ETA. Came home and from 18:30 to 20:30 on whatsapp chat with Afrihost trying to get my home line to work. Wrote to Afriman at around 19:30 also - no luck and no reply.
It is now almost 6 Sept, and neither my business nor home has internet. I have almost exhausted 2x 40gb MTN sims trying to keep my business going. And I STILL have no definite date as to when I will have internet.

I proper don't know where to go from here....

And even if I try cancel now and go back to my old ISP - how long will it take Afrihost to release the line back to me if they take this long just to activate it.

PS - throughout this whole thing, Afrihost has never taken blame - they keep blaming Vuma and saying the delay is on their end

alkit

Sorted now. Technician was on the phone with me for an hour and a half
What was the issue - maybe if we know what secret sauce Phenyo used we can convince the next person we speak to to do the same for us?

GlassMirror

Expert Member
I am in the same boat. Also moving from Vox to Afrihost. TWO of my lines - personal and business:

1st/2nd September - spent over 2 hours with Afrihost on the phone only to find out that Vox hasn't released the line. Called Vox and they said that they couldn't release from Vuma over the weekend (heck, but they can cut my internet access in the early hours of Sunday morning).
3rd Sept - empty promises from Afrihost that they are trying their best and it can take up to 48 hours, so I musst just be patient
4th Sept - After speaking to Afriman and going back and forth, a senior eventually called me and said one of the lines would be active midnight. . Shocker - it was not. He also told me he would call the very next morning about the business line.
5th Sept - Never received a call back from the senior in the morning. Wrote to Afriman again and only eventually got a call mid afternoon to say my 1st line is actually up (although I was not home to test). Business line - they still have no ETA. Came home and from 18:30 to 20:30 on whatsapp chat with Afrihost trying to get my home line to work. Wrote to Afriman at around 19:30 also - no luck and no reply.
It is now almost 6 Sept, and neither my business nor home has internet. I have almost exhausted 2x 40gb MTN sims trying to keep my business going. And I STILL have no definite date as to when I will have internet.

And even if I try cancel now and go back to my old ISP - how long will it take Afrihost to release the line back to me if they take this long just to activate it.

PS - throughout this whole thing, Afrihost has never taken blame - they keep blaming Vuma and saying the delay is on their end
Yeah I I'm struggling as well to sign up with afrihost, bummer actually as I quite liked their offering

AfriMan

Afrihost Representative
Company Rep

I am really sorry about the experience you've had. I can promise that we are always ready to admit when we've made mistakes. In this case, my priority is to try and get you connected as quickly as possible before we see where blame should be assigned.

I've escalated this to the highest service manager at Vumatel, who is working with Bradley from Critical Care to try and get this resolved for you as quickly as possible.

I am really sorry about the conflicting information you've received. If I could ask that you work exclusively with Bradley on this until it's resolved, I promise that we've find the quickest possible solution for you.

AfriMan

Afrihost Representative
Company Rep
Yeah I I'm struggling as well to sign up with afrihost, bummer actually as I quite liked their offering
We've been chatting over PM - I am confident we can figure this out. Please follow the process we discussed, I am certain we can get everything cleared up.

AfriMan

Afrihost Representative
Company Rep
I think they (Afrihost) have been overwhelmed by the response to that 2 months free promo they ran and they are quite willing now to just let some potential customers go away...
That's definitely not the case. We have made sure that we have adequate resources to handle the volume of signups.

The current issues with migrations are more around recent internal changes at Vuma, but we're busy resolving these so that we can get back to a smooth, seamless process.

GlassMirror

Expert Member
We've been chatting over PM - I am confident we can figure this out. Please follow the process we discussed, I am certain we can get everything cleared up.
The mere fact that I need so sign an appeals form just for internet connectivity and that it can possibly take weeks to expedite is not helping. Thanks for all the help @AfriMan but I'd rather go to another provider who's process is smoother and doesn't require me to sign and fill in appeals forms just cause they couldn't verify my identity even though I followed every instruction to the letter