Vumatel Durbanville - ISP recommendations

lord-of-war

Listen to the good lord, you can not go wrong with Cool Ideas!

Edit: I also have Cool Ideas in Durbanville on Vumatel 100/10.

CUDlybunny

Expert Member
I'm trying to decide between these 20Mbps up and down fibre packages :

Afrihost - R837 pm, Free router, no fees and free vumatel installation included.

Axxess - R836 same as above.

Rocketnet or wirulink- R795 pm, Free router but have to pay R1710 vumatel costs.

Sopbeen

Afrihost - R837 pm, Free router, no fees and free vumatel installation included.

Rocketnet or wirulink- R795 pm, Free router but have to pay R1710 vumatel costs.

Went with rocketnet on my side. I didn't mind paying Vuma install fees. They did install the fibre, afterall. I also would not have been able to do it for cheaper than R1710, so in my opinion - its money that they deserve.

I would not use AH if they provided the service for free. Their network is either in shambles OR it is managed by actual monkeys. Their cancellation process was also a complete balls-up. I don't have any xp with Axxess, but due to the fact that its a sister company of AH, it gets the same treatment.

Totempole

Expert Member

It's worth noting that Axxess doesn't include a "Free Router" unlike Afrihost. Also Afrihost has no early cancellation penalties, except that they'll bill you for the "Free Router" should you decide to cancel in less than 6 months.

So really, they're the only ISP I've come across that offers truly free installation and activation so far.