Web Africa ADSL general feedback

pumbaa
,if u want to do streaming-go with WA
torrents/downloads-AH

i got a business account with both

one that can do both,have no idea who to go with :/

edit: after 12am torrents sharped...........
 
Last edited:
I lost total international connectivity from 1am last night, was there any issues? Local browsing was fine.
 
Hi DarSpectre,

Have you requested our ADSL team to take a look into your account issues?

I'm now placed under 'Affected' category. In other words, I'm being heavily throttled. It's bad. Web browsing is slow as hell. Streaming is non-existent.

I always schedule my downloads between 12AM and 6AM every day :( I rarely download during business hours.

GET IT?! :mad: I ALWAYS SCHEDULE MY HTTP/TORRENT DOWNLOADS BETWEEN 12AM AND 16AM EVERY SINGLE DAY!!!! WHAT DID I DO TO DESERVE THIS? :mad: HERE IS MY USAGE STATS:

wasucks.jpg

FFS, I PAY R400 MONTHLY FOR THIS CRAP!!!! R50 more expensive than AH Business Uncapped :mad: SCREW THIS! I'M SO SICK OF BEING SCREWED AROUND BY 3 DIFFERENT ISPS IN THE LAST 6 MONTHS :sick:
 
I lost total international connectivity from 1am last night, was there any issues? Local browsing was fine.

Picked up the same issue.

MWX58vc.png
 
I'm now placed under 'Affected' category. In other words, I'm being heavily throttled. It's bad. Web browsing is slow as hell. Streaming is non-existent.

I always schedule my downloads between 12AM and 6AM every day :( I rarely download during business hours.

GET IT?! :mad: I ALWAYS SCHEDULE MY HTTP/TORRENT DOWNLOADS BETWEEN 12AM AND 16AM EVERY SINGLE DAY!!!! WHAT DID I DO TO DESERVE THIS? :mad: HERE IS MY USAGE STATS:

View attachment 142840

FFS, I PAY R400 MONTHLY FOR THIS CRAP!!!! R50 more expensive than AH Business Uncapped :mad: SCREW THIS! I'M SO SICK OF BEING SCREWED AROUND BY 3 DIFFERENT ISPS IN THE LAST 6 MONTHS :sick:

That doesn't look right. I wonder if the D+ usage is being allocated incorrectly.
 
I lost total international connectivity from 1am last night, was there any issues? Local browsing was fine.

Picked up the same issue.

MWX58vc.png


https://www.webafrica.co.za/serverstatus.php?view=resolved
Check the "Other" category with DSL Maintenance in.


Thanks for the post Tinuva. There was maintenance on our JHB IPC infrastructure last night but everything has been resolved.

Sorry for the inconvenience guys.
 
helper,

i orderd the 10mb business and not really happy about the speeds i get for the past 2days got it on the 18th

if i cancel it now

will it end 1st sep or 1oct?

support find nothing wrong
streaming also not what i exspected, from testing the free 2gb
p2p sharped to death
loaded a online game from a site loads at 200
switch to my AH and it loads at 800+,torrents also full 700+ vs 4kb on WA i know p2p is best effort but 4kb/s! thats not even a effort

me and dark,have the same problems :/

maby we gotten "bad" accounts
cuz i dont see anyone els complain and from what i heard WA,is that there awesome and have a good network

Hi sybertiger,

Could you PM me your account details so I can see what investigations were done and we can take it from there.

If you submit the cancellation today it will close off on the 01 October 2014.
 
I'm now placed under 'Affected' category. In other words, I'm being heavily throttled. It's bad. Web browsing is slow as hell. Streaming is non-existent.

I always schedule my downloads between 12AM and 6AM every day :( I rarely download during business hours.

GET IT?! :mad: I ALWAYS SCHEDULE MY HTTP/TORRENT DOWNLOADS BETWEEN 12AM AND 16AM EVERY SINGLE DAY!!!! WHAT DID I DO TO DESERVE THIS? :mad: HERE IS MY USAGE STATS:

View attachment 142840

FFS, I PAY R400 MONTHLY FOR THIS CRAP!!!! R50 more expensive than AH Business Uncapped :mad: SCREW THIS! I'M SO SICK OF BEING SCREWED AROUND BY 3 DIFFERENT ISPS IN THE LAST 6 MONTHS :sick:

Hi DarkSpectre,

I have taken a look into your account and the usage for this month so far totals 138GB (46gb DL+ and 92gb during 6am-12am) but the main reason for your account being throttled is the past 10 days usage. This totals 80gb (24gb DL+ and 56gb during 6am-12am).

The amount of daytime usage during the past 10 days is the reason for you being throttled during the day only, as it's high on a 2mbps Business account. It's not what you used it for but the total data used in the 10 day rolling period that is the issue. As you can see the DSL console your only being throttled during business hours and after hours the account runs at full speed.

The current rating you are on is correct and has been verified by our team and by looking at your usage patterns a 2mbps account does not suit your requirements. You should be on a bigger uncapped package or on a capped package which might be a better option.
 
Hi DarkSpectre,

I have taken a look into your account and the usage for this month so far totals 138GB (46gb DL+ and 92gb during 6am-12am) but the main reason for your account being throttled is the past 10 days usage. This totals 80gb (24gb DL+ and 56gb during 6am-12am).

The amount of daytime usage during the past 10 days is the reason for you being throttled during the day only, as it's high on a 2mbps Business account. It's not what you used it for but the total data used in the 10 day rolling period that is the issue. As you can see the DSL console your only being throttled during business hours and after hours the account runs at full speed.

The current rating you are on is correct and has been verified by our team and by looking at your usage patterns a 2mbps account does not suit your requirements. You should be on a bigger uncapped package or on a capped package which might be a better option.

Not cool. R400 is a lot of money :mad:

All of a sudden, AH Business Uncapped is now looking very attractive. From what I heard, it's totally unrestricted. Not to mention it's cheaper than semi-restricted WA Business Uncapped. It might fulfill my requirements without fail. Who knows?

well, it's been nice knowing you, WA. I'm moving on, bye.
 
if i start a download say at 23:30 and it goes over 00h00, does your system allocate the data to d+ accordingly?
 
Not cool. R400 is a lot of money :mad:

All of a sudden, AH Business Uncapped is now looking very attractive. From what I heard, it's totally unrestricted. Not to mention it's cheaper than semi-restricted WA Business Uncapped. It might fulfill my requirements without fail. Who knows?

well, it's been nice knowing you, WA. I'm moving on, bye.

You will have problems streaming on Afrihost though.
 
I'm surprised you did more this month on 2Mbs than I did on 20Mbs with a family of 5....
 
WebAfrica Business Uncapped 10MB. Unlike a lot of people, actually used at a Business. ZERO Torrents or NNTP, just business usage during business hours.

Everything timing out, nothing working at all.

Your Uncapped Category:
Harshly Affected

Put in my cancellation. If I can't use a business account for business, what am I supposed to use it for then?
 
Okay so here is my review of WebAfrica after testing for only 5 days.

I moved from MWEB Uncapped 4Mb Premium option to the 10Mb Uncapped option with WA... BIG Mistake!

First off their beautiful Star rating.

I have been moved to 3 stars within 6 days with only 88Gb of usage! WTF? 88Gb on a 10Mb Uncapped - What century are you living in?

BUT WAIT between 00:00 and 06:00 is FREE internet and it does not account towards your star rating - WONDERFUL news, however let's look at my usage reports - all downloads scheduled during these AWESOME FREE hours, yet I only managed to download 1.02Mb/hour during these hours... Well done WA! That's the way to be transparent.

Cancelling WA immediately - back with MWEB.
 
Hi DarkSpectre,

I have taken a look into your account and the usage for this month so far totals 138GB (46gb DL+ and 92gb during 6am-12am) but the main reason for your account being throttled is the past 10 days usage. This totals 80gb (24gb DL+ and 56gb during 6am-12am).

The amount of daytime usage during the past 10 days is the reason for you being throttled during the day only, as it's high on a 2mbps Business account. It's not what you used it for but the total data used in the 10 day rolling period that is the issue. As you can see the DSL console your only being throttled during business hours and after hours the account runs at full speed.

The current rating you are on is correct and has been verified by our team and by looking at your usage patterns a 2mbps account does not suit your requirements. You should be on a bigger uncapped package or on a capped package which might be a better option.

Does it perhaps not make sense to shape a business account after hours and not during business hours ??
 
Last edited:
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X