Web Africa ADSL general feedback

If you don't mind me asking, why does it take contacting the guys on the forum for something to get done? Why doesn't support do anything?

We will need to see why support has not done anything around your issue. Please PM myself or Jeff so we can take this further.
 
Please PM me your customer code and I will get our guys to investigate.

Thanks for trying to help :) I've seen a vast improvement in speeds! Instead of WA being three times slower, it's now only two times slower :p

WA speedtest:

Test conducted on Wed Nov 28 2012 11:12:15 GMT+0200 (SAST)

Download Speed: 2937 kbps (367.1 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 508 kbps (63.5 KB/sec transfer rate)
Latency: 80 ms

Test conducted on Wed Nov 28 2012 11:13:05 GMT+0200 (SAST)

Download Speed: 2698 kbps (337.3 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 504 kbps (63 KB/sec transfer rate)
Latency: 78 ms

Openweb speedtest:

Test conducted on Wed Nov 28 2012 11:02:42 GMT+0200 (SAST)

Download Speed: 5143 kbps (642.9 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 514 kbps (64.3 KB/sec transfer rate)
Latency: 35 ms

Test conducted on Wed Nov 28 2012 11:03:20 GMT+0200 (SAST)

Download Speed: 5111 kbps (638.9 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 512 kbps (64 KB/sec transfer rate)
Latency: 35 ms
 
Thanks for trying to help :) I've seen a vast improvement in speeds! Instead of WA being three times slower, it's now only two times slower :p

WA speedtest:

Test conducted on Wed Nov 28 2012 11:12:15 GMT+0200 (SAST)

Download Speed: 2937 kbps (367.1 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 508 kbps (63.5 KB/sec transfer rate)
Latency: 80 ms

Test conducted on Wed Nov 28 2012 11:13:05 GMT+0200 (SAST)

Download Speed: 2698 kbps (337.3 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 504 kbps (63 KB/sec transfer rate)
Latency: 78 ms

Openweb speedtest:

Test conducted on Wed Nov 28 2012 11:02:42 GMT+0200 (SAST)

Download Speed: 5143 kbps (642.9 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 514 kbps (64.3 KB/sec transfer rate)
Latency: 35 ms

Test conducted on Wed Nov 28 2012 11:03:20 GMT+0200 (SAST)

Download Speed: 5111 kbps (638.9 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 512 kbps (64 KB/sec transfer rate)
Latency: 35 ms

Glad things are looking that little bit better.
Please keep Justin and I posted on any changes.
 
We're working on a mailing list around this.
In the mean time, there are other ways to keep track of these notifcations :)

http://forums.webafrica.co.za/showthread.php/7233-Keeping-up-to-Date-with-Outage-Notifications

What type of issues where experiencing between the maintenance window?

We run some web services locally and have a staff member that accesses them from Costa Rica. He just reported this morning that it was up and down the whole time.

It may also be related to line issues I've been having recently, but the line has been pretty stable for the last 2 weeks but wouldn't put it past Telkom. Just would be nice to know in advance so I could have switched providers on the line.
 
Were there any issues at around 20h00 last night? Completely lost connectivity for a good while. During the maintenance window there wasn't much deviation on my side, but don't know what http service levels were like. Have smokeping stats though:


Screenshot%20at%202012-11-29%2009%3A16%3A33.png
 
We run some web services locally and have a staff member that accesses them from Costa Rica. He just reported this morning that it was up and down the whole time.

It may also be related to line issues I've been having recently, but the line has been pretty stable for the last 2 weeks but wouldn't put it past Telkom. Just would be nice to know in advance so I could have switched providers on the line.

Sorry about this.
Again, we're working on a mailer system.
This was posted on our Status page, Facebook, Twitter, here and our forums though.

Were there any issues at around 20h00 last night? Completely lost connectivity for a good while. During the maintenance window there wasn't much deviation on my side, but don't know what http service levels were like. Have smokeping stats though:


Screenshot%20at%202012-11-29%2009%3A16%3A33.png

No reported issues last night at that time.
Did you contact our ADSL team to run troubleshooting?
 
Sorry about this.
Again, we're working on a mailer system.
This was posted on our Status page, Facebook, Twitter, here and our forums though.

Thanks, will follow on Twitter. We just recently moved to WA on our secondary line so I haven't yet been following the network status closely enough.

No reported issues last night at that time.
Did you contact our ADSL team to run troubleshooting?

Ok. Was probably Telkom then. A router reboot fixed the issue.
 
Ok, tonight I am experiencing upstream packet loss on WA only, Telkom Internet is fine.
This is really messing up my WoW game play.....


Anyone else experiencing the same?
 
damn Dylan , was very rude to me over the phone , in dsl support section , make WA look even worse.

I told him to check out my line , because it was down 2 times all ready today.
he said will no problems on exchange and line , he will do port reset.
Said i must power down the dsl modem will take 20 min to activate.
So explained to him over phone that only happens weekends etc .
then he just put the phone down on me, not even said bye enjoy your day etc .

Your more then welcome to check your call logs, i know your calls is recorded , i was speaking to him just before 9am 1 december.
 
damn Dylan , was very rude to me over the phone , in dsl support section , make WA look even worse.

I told him to check out my line , because it was down 2 times all ready today.
he said will no problems on exchange and line , he will do port reset.
Said i must power down the dsl modem will take 20 min to activate.
So explained to him over phone that only happens weekends etc .
then he just put the phone down on me, not even said bye enjoy your day etc .

Your more then welcome to check your call logs, i know your calls is recorded , i was speaking to him just before 9am 1 december.

Morning hereticangel,

This is extremely concerning and I want to get it investigated. Please accept our sincere apologies for the service you received and this is not what we expect from our support team.

Please PM me your customer code, the time of call, number you called from and any contact details so we can provide feedback.
 
Last edited:
I am not very happy right now with WA - I speak to WA support about cancelling my account - Even though i didnt give them specific request to, So i though i would leave it for cancellation in hopes of finding a better ISP, then "i return to see that WA support have infact re-enabled it (without my go-ahead)

I send them a email saying please set it back to "cancellation pending" for end december - They reply - in short not exact words "Sorry we can only do it end jan because we require a full months notice"

Sorry but is this a sick joke or something?
Seem very eager to squeeze me.

Add to the fact that when that if i attempted to contact WA over the weekend. i would not be able to. (my emails / forum posts usually only get responses start of week)

I am dissapointed and highly frustrated - I refuse to let this happen to me..
 
Last edited:
I am not very happy right now with WA - I speak to WA support about cancelling my account - Even though i didnt give them specific request to, So i though i would leave it for cancellation in hopes of finding a better ISP, then "i return to see that WA support have infact re-enabled it (without my go-ahead)

I send them a email saying please set it back to "cancellation pending" for end december - They reply - in short not exact words "Sorry we can only do it end jan because we require a full months notice"

Sorry but is this a sick joke or something?
Seem very eager to squeeze me.

Add to the fact that when that if i attempted to contact WA over the weekend. i would not be able to. (my emails / forum posts usually only get responses start of week)

I am dissapointed and highly frustrated - I refuse to let this happen to me..

Please PM me your customer code so I can have a look into this for you. It seems there is some confusion around what must happen on your account and we must apologise for the inconvenience caused.

Once I get your details I can get Management to investigate.
 
Still haven't heard a thing since my last email 3/4hours ago
 
Well Ronald was of help to me.

Hopefully it gets done shortly as promised.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X