Web Squad ISP

websquadza

WebSquad
Company Rep
Right, so took a few IPs down. This was in pubs and I didn't get shunted to US, so this was all EU. Running MTRs to them directly, the pings are actually in line with what I'd expect to EU and far lower than in-game, so it seems the servers are actually, indeed, just trash, and this is Respawn/EA and nothing to do with WS.

Some server IPs below for reference with out of game pings:

88.202.177.10 (168ms)
78.129.240.245 (144ms)
46.23.78.169 (187ms)
188.42.46.26 (161ms)
88.150.206.136 (144ms)
35.205.144.222 (182ms)

Thanks for this update. Will run some traces on these as well and we’ve spun up an AWS VM in a few EU regions to monitor forward and reverse traces and latency. Also want to keep an eye on it and confirm it’s not some sort of load balancing on AWS’ side.

ghostRgg

Is the websquad looking glass up to date? Seeing 149 to MEA with the lg and it's 142 on our ADSL.

IP: 15.185.58.194

Location Durban.

Last edited:

Soul Assassin

Honorary Master
Is the websquad looking glass up to date? Seeing 149 to MEA with the lg and it's 142 on our ADSL.

Code:
[capetown.lg.as328137.net] ping to 15.185.58.194
  SEQ HOST                                     SIZE TTL TIME  STATUS           
    0 15.185.58.194                              56  40 139ms
    1 15.185.58.194                              56  40 139ms
    2 15.185.58.194                              56  40 139ms
    3 15.185.58.194                              56  40 139ms
    4 15.185.58.194                              56  40 139ms
    sent=5 received=5 packet-loss=0% min-rtt=139ms avg-rtt=139ms
   max-rtt=139ms

ghostRgg

Code:
[capetown.lg.as328137.net] ping to 15.185.58.194
  SEQ HOST                                     SIZE TTL TIME  STATUS          
    0 15.185.58.194                              56  40 139ms
    1 15.185.58.194                              56  40 139ms
    2 15.185.58.194                              56  40 139ms
    3 15.185.58.194                              56  40 139ms
    4 15.185.58.194                              56  40 139ms
    sent=5 received=5 packet-loss=0% min-rtt=139ms avg-rtt=139ms
   max-rtt=139ms
In this case we are talking about Durban sadly :(

websquadza

WebSquad
Company Rep

Location Durban.

yeah it’s live. Traceroute shows that it routes via AWS. They only have routing pops in JHB and CPT- so results will always be skewed to require those additional few ms to get you to JHB.

websquadza

WebSquad
Company Rep
I've been migrated to a new cloud voice portal and system it seems :unsure:

Actually turns out that maintenance on the platform ran a script to send notifications from the system. We caught it within a few minutes and rate limiting on our smtp server blocked the majority of the queue, but a small number of mails still made it out. Apologies, you can disregard the mails. Devs are looking into it to make sure it doesn’t happen again.

IdlePhaedrus

Expert Member
Hi @websquadza

When I moved to your guys last year I ported my landline to your voip service. At that time I had an old, and weird, router which I could plug my old POTS telephone into and could make calls using the service. This worked just fine when correctly configured for your SIP details until the router joined the choir invisible. New router didn't have this functionality and I let it lie.

No biggie, since then I have paid for the service to maintain the old landline number even though it isn't in use (dunno why, but hey).

Then on Wednesday I got an email from you guys to say that "SIP device added successfully", with server name, user name and password. It also included the text You can also use our mobile application, Add Google, iOS and Windows mobile application icons to download. And, Please visit on our website www.websquad.co.za or contact to our support at info@websquad.co.za.

I called support, but they weren't sure why I got that email, what it was all about, or where I could possibly find said Apps. Because said apps aren't on your website at all, not even in the FAQ section. Support have said they will get back to me.

So I poked around a bit on the wspbx portal and found that the password supplied was actually the voicemail password for the second device or trunk associated with the account both for the same land line number.

Then I thought, what the heck, lets install Mizudroid and see if we can use the service. This is what happens on both SIP devices and respective user names and passwords with Mizudroid:
  1. Mizudroid displays "Registered"
  2. Making a call from Mizudroid says "Routed", then says "InProgress" and lastly says "Call setup timeout".
  3. When calling the land line number from outside the message is "The requested number is not available at present, please try again later".
  4. On the wspbx portal, both activities are shown under the CDR report tab, however, for outgoing calls from Mizu the message ORIGINATOR_CANCEL [487] is displayed, and for incoming calls from elsewhere the message USER_NOT_REGISTERED [606] is displayed.
So, now I am intrigued and would be interested to know how to get this working. This is your Friday afternoon / weekend conundrum. No rush...

Best Phaedrus

websquadza

WebSquad
Company Rep
Hi @websquadza

When I moved to your guys last year I ported my landline to your voip service. At that time I had an old, and weird, router which I could plug my old POTS telephone into and could make calls using the service. This worked just fine when correctly configured for your SIP details until the router joined the choir invisible. New router didn't have this functionality and I let it lie.

No biggie, since then I have paid for the service to maintain the old landline number even though it isn't in use (dunno why, but hey).

Then on Wednesday I got an email from you guys to say that "SIP device added successfully", with server name, user name and password. It also included the text You can also use our mobile application, Add Google, iOS and Windows mobile application icons to download. And, Please visit on our website www.websquad.co.za or contact to our support at info@websquad.co.za.

I called support, but they weren't sure why I got that email, what it was all about, or where I could possibly find said Apps. Because said apps aren't on your website at all, not even in the FAQ section. Support have said they will get back to me.

So I poked around a bit on the wspbx portal and found that the password supplied was actually the voicemail password for the second device or trunk associated with the account both for the same land line number.

Then I thought, what the heck, lets install Mizudroid and see if we can use the service. This is what happens on both SIP devices and respective user names and passwords with Mizudroid:
  2. Making a call from Mizudroid says "Routed", then says "InProgress" and lastly says "Call setup timeout".
  3. When calling the land line number from outside the message is "The requested number is not available at present, please try again later".
  4. On the wspbx portal, both activities are shown under the CDR report tab, however, for outgoing calls from Mizu the message ORIGINATOR_CANCEL [487] is displayed, and for incoming calls from elsewhere the message USER_NOT_REGISTERED [606] is displayed.
So, now I am intrigued and would be interested to know how to get this working. This is your Friday afternoon / weekend conundrum. No rush...

Best Phaedrus
Could I ask you to PM me your details? Will check your VoIP services profile and confirm everything is alright there- also check the logs to see what your error is. Sounds like your device isn’t staying registered- but would prefer to confirm.

The mail sent out this week was part of the error I mentioned yesterday. Notifications were re-sent after a maintenance operation. But glad to see it’s reminded you about the service!

cavedog

Honorary Master
Hi @websquadza

Best Phaedrus

GSWave or LinPhone is your friend.

Strictly G729, PCMU or PCMA.

cavedog

Honorary Master
GS wave seems to be the most promising at the moment indeed! Haven’t tried LinPhone. Will do some testing

Yeah GSwave is the best but linphone is a close second. I even forget Zoiper exists to be honest it's not that good.