GEE_911

Hi. I have recently (today) gotten my VOIP service with Webafrica setup. I am trying to set up my account with my Gigaset AS690 VOIP phone.

I have spent over an hour on the phone with their support for them to eventually say they can't assist me in setting up a VOIP phone unless its a Yealink. Do I really need to go purchase a Yealink to get this to work? Can anyone assist me in configuring the settings in the screenshot? A few things:

1. The 'quick config' code isn't being accepted - Webafrica doesn't come up as a standard ISP via the Gigaset interface.
  2. When entering the below manual settings (with the correct number redacted for security reasons, obv), Gigaset says the VOIP service is 'Registered'; however when trying to call the number from another phone, it doesn't ring. When trying to dial out from the Gigaset phone, its just silent.
These were the settings advised by the Webafrica guys but they seem to have given up on my case now.

Has anyone gotten a Gigaset VOIP setup working with Webafrica? What settings did you use?

TIA

1618321429115.png 1618321483416.png 1618321499763.png

Hellhound105

Executive Member
Just trying to assist you, below is my settings:

1618321923951.png

My network does not have a proxy

Lifeofagambler

Hi. I have recently (today) gotten my VOIP service with Webafrica setup. I am trying to set up my account with my Gigaset AS690 VOIP phone.

I have spent over an hour on the phone with their support for them to eventually say they can't assist me in setting up a VOIP phone unless its a Yealink. Do I really need to go purchase a Yealink to get this to work? Can anyone assist me in configuring the settings in the screenshot? A few things:

1. The 'quick config' code isn't being accepted - Webafrica doesn't come up as a standard ISP via the Gigaset interface.
  2. When entering the below manual settings (with the correct number redacted for security reasons, obv), Gigaset says the VOIP service is 'Registered'; however when trying to call the number from another phone, it doesn't ring. When trying to dial out from the Gigaset phone, its just silent.
These were the settings advised by the Webafrica guys but they seem to have given up on my case now.

Has anyone gotten a Gigaset VOIP setup working with Webafrica? What settings did you use?

TIA

View attachment 1051517 View attachment 1051519 View attachment 1051521
I also have a gigaset a510ip and i have the exact same issue. Can make calls although i cannot receive calls. I also have a yealink T21 deskphone and when connected to the same network, i can recieve calls. Some options to look at is disabling SIP ALG on your router. or setting up port forwarding but neither of those options have worked for me. Hoping someone can help figure this out

GEE_911

Thanks for the responses. I have tried both of your configurations and neither has worked. Im going to try play around some more today and if nothing comes of it, I guess I will have to purchase a Yealink setup.

GEE_911

I also have a gigaset a510ip and i have the exact same issue. Can make calls although i cannot receive calls. I also have a yealink T21 deskphone and when connected to the same network, i can recieve calls. Some options to look at is disabling SIP ALG on your router. or setting up port forwarding but neither of those options have worked for me. Hoping someone can help figure this out
Hey man, I managed to get hold a company called Sietek (I think they're the RSA distributor). I spoke to a guy named Zeb who was really helpful and managed to get me sorted. Everything seems to be working fine for now. I'd suggest giving them a call

www.sietek.co.za

Tel: 021 531 0601

Lifeofagambler

Hey man, I managed to get hold a company called Sietek (I think they're the RSA distributor). I spoke to a guy named Zeb who was really helpful and managed to get me sorted. Everything seems to be working fine for now. I'd suggest giving them a call

www.sietek.co.za

Tel: 021 531 0601
Managed to get a hold of zeb and it seems the initial diagnosis is faulty base station. Going to give the account a try on another base station to rule out ISP or router settings.