WebSquad (www.websquad.co.za)

EveDawg

Never heard of them. Their pricing sounds too good to be true. Remember in this life nothing is free :)

RogueZombi

Hi
So, I have decided to just bite the bullet and have signed up with WebSquad.
My experience so far has been amazing, they have gone out of their way to assist me in getting away from "BIG" previous provider, who were being very petty and dishonest.
Websqad's Clarissa was in constant contact with both the Fibre Provider and ex-ISP and kept me in the loop all the time. She took a lot of the stress away from having to deal with all the different parties.
I was finally moved onto the Websquad network with some good after hours support and the 100/100mb is working like a dream.

Its still early days and I will come back and update on their service in a month or so.
They also have an affiliate/rewards program :)
https://my.websquad.co.za/aff.php?aff=11

Regards
RZ

bavmorda

Hi, which fiber provider are you using with Websquad? I'm with Evotel and Websquad is one of the ISPs. Using Axxess at the moment and very happy with the service, but would like to cut cost if I can. Are they doing any shaping/throttling on the line?

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
Weird, they're not showing up on whois, probably newly registered but according to the below link the company has existed for 7 years?
http://whoswho.co.za/carl-fayolle-65728
He seems to be the only employee, their linkedIn has 3 but two I can't see and one of those is an account manager.
Bit weird to exist for 7 years yet have near no web presence besides the site.

Also Rogue only has these two posts, so I'd be careful as he's still unknown.

bavmorda

Thanks guys, might be a one of those fly by night things.
To genetic: how do you know, that OP is an employee?
I have send them a request through their site, will see what is going to happen on Monday. Will keep updating here, in case someone else is curious about WS. Googled them, but could not find any information about them, which is very strange for an ISP company, not to have any web presence.

RogueZombi

Hi, which fiber provider are you using with Websquad? I'm with Evotel and Websquad is one of the ISPs. Using Axxess at the moment and very happy with the service, but would like to cut cost if I can. Are they doing any shaping/throttling on the line?
Hi,
I am with Vuma. Its only been a few days, so cant really judge, but i have not had any speed issues and i dont think i have been throttled or shaped in anyway. Speed tests below.
I have downloaded about 150gig of media in a few days. Have about 10 devices connected to my network. 4K Netfilx streaming a dream from multiple devices. 4k Youtube also very good.
SmartSelectImage_2018-03-19-08-35-40.jpg
20180315_131718.jpg

Last edited:

RogueZombi

OP is an employee of websquad.
Weird, they're not showing up on whois, probably newly registered but according to the below link the company has existed for 7 years?
http://whoswho.co.za/carl-fayolle-65728
He seems to be the only employee, their linkedIn has 3 but two I can't see and one of those is an account manager.
Bit weird to exist for 7 years yet have near no web presence besides the site.

Also Rogue only has these two posts, so I'd be careful as he's still unknown.
I assume OP is "Original Poster" (I am not familiar with the jargon)

I can assure you that I am not employed by any ISP.
Yes, I am new to the forum. this is my only post.
Mybroadband has always been my goto place to get reviews and insight on new services.
Registered and posted, cause I was desperate to get out from my previous ISP, who were seriously not good to me.
Once all my fights are done with that ISP, I will drop all the names and info here.

RZ

websquadza

WebSquad
Company Rep
Ja they a new ISP not sure if they are "national" ?
Hi Rawoke

Thanks for the post - we are a newer kid on the block, nice to meet you! We are a national operator with presence in all major metros (JHB, CPT and JHB) and some more. Drop us a line if you want to learn more!

websquadza

WebSquad
Company Rep
I assume OP is "Original Poster" (I am not familiar with the jargon)

I can assure you that I am not employed by any ISP.
Yes, I am new to the forum. this is my only post.
Mybroadband has always been my goto place to get reviews and insight on new services.
Registered and posted, cause I was desperate to get out from my previous ISP, who were seriously not good to me.
Once all my fights are done with that ISP, I will drop all the names and info here.

RZ
Hi RogueZombi. Welcome to the family! Glad you're enjoying the experience!

bavmorda

HI guys,

Just if someone else is looking for info regarding WS. After almost 2 weeks, they did replay to my request. Was not very quick, but apparently they were waiting for some information. Not sure about this, since I asked them 2 simple questions, if test account is provided and if some one can call me back. No one called me back and no test account is provided. Cancellation period is 30 days, which is not that good, with Axxess is on 25th of the month I think and I can cancel my account with them no questions asked. Will see, might give them a try just for the interest sake, but first impression, not that great.

bavmorda

At RogueZombi, can you do some tracrt for us, so we can see how their traffic is going to EU and US for example.

RogueZombi

At RogueZombi, can you do some tracrt for us, so we can see how their traffic is going to EU and US for example.
Howzit,
Cant upload anymore pics here, says I have exceeded my quota. So I uploaded to image hoster. See below.

Australia

Brasil

China

Germany

India

South Africa

UK

USA