Weed growers thread

RezN88

Newbie question :
Does a bud contract in on itself during curing and become more dense ?
Or does it remain as it is after drying ?
Besides breaking down the chlorophyll, does anything else happen to the bud during curing ?

krieg

Newbie question :
Does a bud contract in on itself during curing and become more dense ?
Or does it remain as it is after drying ?
Besides breaking down the chlorophyll, does anything else happen to the bud during curing ?
I see curing as spreading the remaining moisture within the bud equally and removing said moisture more slowly through curing over time.

On the buds contracting yes it becomes more dense as it contracts from the moisture loss but one year my buds stayed airy so I think I might have dried too long on that one and the curing didn't have enough moisture.

Curing also gives you a smell that you don't find so pronounce if you don't cure. I'm not sure about the chlorophyll, I'm looking at washing my buds this year, from the videos it seems you wash quite an amount of chlorophyll off because the water gets green pretty quickly.

RezN88

I hate fluffy buds. I know the chlorophyll is in the leaves and I don’t think washing will remove much of it. The washing is for dust , and other ****. I am also considering doing it , but not sure if necessary. Once the chlorophyll breaks down , the terpenes’ aromas come through.
I hate fluffy nugs.

The_David

So i harvested my tiny little crop (two small plants) and thought i would dry it in a cupboard in one of the spare rooms in my house. Must have been hanging for just over an hour and the whole room and passage was stanky. Dam that stuff be potent. Hanging it out back behind the door of the laundry now. :ROFL:

saor

Honorary Master
Have this small plant on the balcony, pen for scale. Best to just leave it and let it grow? Planted a seed a while back and almost forgot about it. Not sure if it needs to be nipped or better to leave it for the next season.

1.jpg
2.png
3.jpg

semaphore

Honorary Master
Have this small plant on the balcony, pen for scale. Best to just leave it and let it grow? Planted a seed a while back and almost forgot about it. Not sure if it needs to be nipped or better to leave it for the next season.

View attachment 634826
View attachment 634828
View attachment 634830
You may as well leave it, you're not going to get anymore growth than that. It's already flowering. If you wanted bigger and a bushier plant it needs 18 hours of light and 6 dark.

krieg

Two weeks since the last update. Trichomes are mostly milky with some clear ones still and no amber yet.

Attachments