Well Cell C did it again....

Jakkels1991

Expert Member
So posting here in hopes to get some feedback from guys who have had the same issue, or to get some help from the Cell C rep (if he is still around).

I just so happen to check my balance for my two contracts. The balance is R3883.93...

So here is the problem, when I took out the contracts I asked them to set a R1000 balance to each meaning: R700 (contract price) + R300 extra for calls and data. They ended up setting a extra usage limit of R1000 to each line meaning: R700 (contract price) + R1000 for extra calls and data. Not knowing this and never really paying more than +- R1600 a month for both lines, this came at a bit of a shock to me.

I have spoken to Cell C call center and they have "logged a dispute". Its probably going to take ages for them to phone back and with the debit day coming very close (25th) I fear that I am going to cough up for this R3800.

Can anyone help with what my option are and what can be done about them not setting up the limits as I asked for?

Last edited:

skeptic_SA

Executive Member
So posting here in hopes to get some feedback from guys who have had the same issue, or to get some help from the Cell C rep (if he is still around).

I just so happen to check my balance for my two contracts. The balance is R3883.93...

So here is the problem, when I took out the contracts I asked them to set a R1000 balance to each meaning: R700 (contract price) + R300 extra for calls and data. They ended up setting a extra usage limit of R1000 to each line meaning: R700 (contract price) + R1000 for extra calls and data. Not knowing this and never really paying more than +- R1600 a month for both lines, this came at a bit of a shock to me.

I have spoken to Cell C call center and they have "logged a dispute". Its probably going to take ages for them to phone back and with the debit day coming very close (25th) I fear that I am going to couch up for this R3800.

Can anyone help with what my option are and what can be done about them not setting up the limits as I asked for?
Yip. You gonna couch for sure...

View attachment 419494

Chevron

Serial breaker of phones
The "limit" never includes the contract price...

Jakkels1991

Expert Member
The "limit" never includes the contract price...
Yes but, when I was setting up the limit the agent asked me what I want the limit to be, I replayed with saying I dont want to spend more that R1000 for each line. He then said "OK so R300 exrta plus the R700 of your contract makes R1000". This to me gave the impression that he understood what I was asking for...

Jakkels1991

Expert Member
Got the Cell C support guys on Twitter now, will see how long it takes to hear back from them.

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
Got the Cell C support guys on Twitter now, will see how long it takes to hear back from them.
Hi there, our social media team has indeed received your query and will ensure that it is attended to. We will immediately investigate and feedback will be provide to you. ^TM

maumau

Honorary Master
Hi Jakkels1991

We have noted your concerns and we would appreciate an opportunity to assist.

Please respond to this thread with your contact number and we will be in touch resolve the matter and remedy the situation.

^XD
Hi Jakkels1991, mods would prefer that you PM Cell_C, don't put your contact number here.

Jakkels1991

Expert Member
Hi there, our social media team has indeed received your query and will ensure that it is attended to. We will immediately investigate and feedback will be provide to you. ^TM
Thanks I spoke to them yesterday but my issue is still not resolved, and the response I received was unacceptable. Best you ask who ever is handling this to phone me back ASAP!

Jakkels1991

Expert Member
No help from Cell C they basically told me to F@ck off... Turns out regardless of what your contract says they are able to make changes as and when the see fit.

I however will not be able to leaving this here, have a family friend who is a lawyer. He is pretty clued up on CPA stuff said I have a pretty good case here so I will definitely be going that route.

Edit: They seriously have the audacity to send me a sms after the call asking if I am satisfied with the feedback to my query!

blade19941

This is exactly why I'm porting away from Cell C. Their customer service is completely non existent. I had problems from the day the contract was signed. They gave me the wrong phone and refused to rectify it. One consultant went as far as screaming at me in front of clients 2 weeks after the contract was signed.

Yesterday, I went to change ownership of 2 numbers from my fathers to my name. I spoke to their call centre earlier in the day and was told it can be done in store and is instant, little did I know that I would be "assisted" by an incompetent idiot who took 15 minutes just to scan 4 pages. The guy didnt even know how to work their computer to send an email. He then told me that he would get the "technician" to do it in the morning and to personally make sure it was done.

I popped in this morning to see if it all went well and what do you know, the guy wasn't even at work today and hadn't told anyone anything.

I made a scene, service was slow, and this all in front of the store manager (I know he is the manager from a previous incident when they refused to provide us with a replacement to a faulty phone with in 24 hours of purchasing it). He didnt say anything, no apology, he just giggled and carried on with what he was doing. Before I left, I told him that I know he is the manager.

And Cell C wonder's why they're going bankrupt. They treat their clients like ****

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
This is exactly why I'm porting away from Cell C. Their customer service is completely non existent. I had problems from the day the contract was signed. They gave me the wrong phone and refused to rectify it. One consultant went as far as screaming at me in front of clients 2 weeks after the contract was signed.

Yesterday, I went to change ownership of 2 numbers from my fathers to my name. I spoke to their call centre earlier in the day and was told it can be done in store and is instant, little did I know that I would be "assisted" by an incompetent idiot who took 15 minutes just to scan 4 pages. The guy didnt even know how to work their computer to send an email. He then told me that he would get the "technician" to do it in the morning and to personally make sure it was done.

I popped in this morning to see if it all went well and what do you know, the guy wasn't even at work today and hadn't told anyone anything.

I made a scene, service was slow, and this all in front of the store manager (I know he is the manager from a previous incident when they refused to provide us with a replacement to a faulty phone with in 24 hours of purchasing it). He didnt say anything, no apology, he just giggled and carried on with what he was doing. Before I left, I told him that I know he is the manager.

And Cell C wonder's why they're going bankrupt. They treat their clients like ****
Hi blade19941

Thank you for posting to us.

We would like to apologise for the inconvenience caused to you.

Please forward us your contact details to sm@cellc.co.za, as we would like to look into the matter. Also, kindly advise which store it is you visited for assistance.

^BM

zizo911

Executive Member
Cell c has the worse customer service I've ever received, but the extreme worst is the Cavendish branch. I get treated like a damn child and a joke at the place because I look so young. Then they have the audacity to still ask me how their servce was after treating me like an idiot.

marioat1

Expert Member
Cell c actually are such big thieves they put the government to shame. Their call centre bamboozling pensioners into agreeing to contracts for crap handsets. Then don't allowing cancelling as easily as signing up. You need to physically arrive at their offices and start making a scene for any decent response.

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
Hi zizo911

We are sorry to hear that.

Can you please tell us what happened?

This is our email address sm@cellc.co.za.

^NS

blade19941

Hi blade19941

Thank you for posting to us.

We would like to apologise for the inconvenience caused to you.

Please forward us your contact details to sm@cellc.co.za, as we would like to look into the matter. Also, kindly advise which store it is you visited for assistance.

^BM
I have sent you my details over 3 times on this forum, I've posted on hello peter, I've been in store, I've phoned the call centre. I've also told Cell C before which store, nothing was done.

I never get contacted back and my problems never get resolved.

I have now ported to another Service Provider.

I literally had better service from Virgin Mobile before I moved to Cell C