What line to get to play

trinity1502

Hi All,

I have just returned from the UK and was wondering what the best line was for playing Warcraft. I know the ADSL lines are prob the best (I think) but don't they have a cap on the amount of data that can be used in a month. Are there any fast solutions that don't have a limit. I don't play a lot, probably 1-2 hrs a night (will i use 4gig).

Who are the best providers and what do they cost per month.

Thanks very much

Crowley

Executive Member
Get ADSL, Speed is not that important if it is only you playing on it. More than 1 person or downloading, get a 4MB line.

Have a look on these forums with regards to the mweb uncapped deal.

davemc

Executive Member
Myself and my Girlfriend can play on a 384 ADSL line with one vent running that we both listen in on in 25 man RAIDS.
But:
- if you run 2 vent's on the 384 ADSL line, you will get disconnected continuously.
- if your latency goes over 450ms, one of you will get disconnected, so you'll need a good low-latency ADSL account.

We have switched to a 4MB line, and we can both run vent at the same time with latencies exceeding the 550 mark without being disconnected in 25 man fights.

But, we're desperately looking for a solution to give us sub 350ms latencies.

trinity1502

Thanks all,

Can you tell me how much data u use each month? should i def get an unlimited account?

Thanks

scabs

i used to have a 384 line and would continuously DC in 25 mans, i moved to 4Mb and what a pleasure to use at the moment i have Afrihost uncapped and while using gamepath i get about 210ms.

I might be jumpng **** to mweb though with all these issues with Afrihost at the moment.

PsyWulf

Honorary Master
Unshaped Webafrica acc <3
60-100Mb usage per night of raiding with ventrilo,384 or 512line works fine