What's for supper - Second Course

Duan

IMG_2977.JPG

Our DIY Sous Vide at the office preparing ribeye steak marinated in sriracha, soya and truffle oil.

It was subsequently seared on a very hot cast iron plate for 30 seconds a side.

It was a massive hit!

f2wohf

Honorary Master
Grilled rump with beurre maitre d'hotel and steamed broccolis, cauliflower and carrots with olive oil and salt.

saor

Honorary Master
Our DIY Sous Vide at the office preparing ribeye steak marinated in sriracha, soya and truffle oil.
:thumbsup:
What are we seeing in that pic - is there an element in the water/ what's the white cable connected to the bucket etc.?

Duan

:thumbsup:
What are we seeing in that pic - is there an element in the water/ what's the white cable connected to the bucket etc.?
Its actually a “camping urn”
IMG_3246.JPG

Added some electronics (esp32, relay and temp sensor) and a small submersible pump and connected it to our IoT platform to monitor cookiandng.

Complete overkill but works well was lots of fun.

Had some difficulty explaining to my wife one weekend that we could not braai cause the braai server was offline due to a datacenter move.

Duan

what was the cost on that

and how hard or easy to set up
Probably in the vicinity of about R900 or so... but you could probably do it for about R600 or so.

Pretty easy if you have some common sense and a knack for technology.

Last edited:

I.am.Sam

rehabilitated troller
Probably in the vicinity of about R900 or so... but you could probably do it for about R600 or so.

Pretty easy if you have some common sense and a knack for technology.
where are you based ..make them for R600 for some of us and you get some likes :p

Duan

where are you based ..make them for R600 for some of us and you get some likes :p
Centurion.

Way to busy to offer to make some, but maybe we can organize a hack a Sous Vide day one weekend at our office. All with the first test run and some beers...

I will get my guys to buy all the parts and then we can all assemble it together.

Any takers?

I.am.Sam

rehabilitated troller
Eish im in CPT . If i was in PTA i would have agreed

but im sure few PTA/JHB guys might be up for this