WhatsApp

Lycanthrope

Honorary Master
Better question would be why?

There are any number of freely available IM clients with multiplatform support. Why the need to go to lengths to get Whatsapp to work on a PC? :wtf:

fxit_man

Executive Member
i can only think of android emulator or else VNCing into the phone

Redsbaron

I am shouting " I am at my wits end"

Tell us more about runnning whatsapp on PC please

burisch

Jeez what a nasty hack. Won't someone reverse-engineer WhatsApp so we can have a decent piece of PC software?

Oh wait, Skype blows WhatsApp right out the water. Game over.

chickenbeef

Executive Member
I can confirm that this works (Youwave).

You have to add your contacts in manually though which sucks.

Dylan_G

Expert Member
I also have this working. WhatsApp with imported contacts on Youwave. Spent most of yesterday playing around with it. First on Youwave, then on the Android SDK. I also managed to import my contacts from my Nokia 5130. Quite a long process.

Nokia 5130->Nokia PC Suite Sync-> Outlook 2007 (It automatically syncs with the PC suite, choose under options)->Contacts to .CSV File->Import .CSV File to Gmail(Contacts).

Then I downloaded the packages for Youwave from: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/18994828/APKs.zip. I found the programme crashing when all the .apks were in the "android apps" folder, so I only used the GoogleContactsSyncAdapter.apk (Though I tried the others too. Not sure which one exactly made it work). Well anyway, Went to contacts->Menu->Accounts->Add account and Google was there. Logged in and it sync'd with my contacts. 22 people loaded to Whatsapp. ;)

Working well so far. App does crash when I restart and I saved the state on the last run. Completely awesome if you're a teenager stuck without BBM Or Whatapp on your crap Nokia. :) Hope this helps you.

Last edited:

fxit_man

Executive Member
I also have this working. WhatsApp with imported contacts on Youwave. Spent most of yesterday playing around with it. First on Youwave, then on the Android SDK. I also managed to import my contacts from my Nokia 5130. Quite a long process.

Nokia 5130->Nokia PC Suite Sync-> Outlook 2007 (It automatically syncs with the PC suite, choose under options)->Contacts to .CSV File->Import .CSV File to Gmail(Contacts).

Then I downloaded the packages for Youwave from: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/18994828/APKs.zip. I found the programme crashing when all the .apks were in the "android apps" folder, so I only used the GoogleContactsSyncAdapter.apk (Though I tried the others too. Not sure which one exactly made it work). Well anyway, Went to contacts->Menu->Accounts->Add account and Google was there. Logged in and it sync'd with my contacts. 22 people loaded to Whatsapp. ;)

Working well so far. App does crash when I restart and I saved the state on the last run. Completely awesome if you're a teenager stuck without BBM Or Whatapp on your crap Nokia. :) Hope this helps you.

Thanks mate :)