WhatsApp's new authentication feature will block conversation screenshots

koeks525

Expert Member
Seeing as we talking about blocking screenshots, would love to see WhatsApp implement a feature that notifies a user when a screenshot is taken of their conversation... #Receipts

Swa

Honorary Master
Why would you want to block screenshots on your own phone?
You might want to activate fingerprint authentication. Seems as a security feature you'd also then be blocked from taking screenshots. Sure there'd be a way around it though.

sajunky

Honorary Master
Oh noes.. another Whatsapp article..

@sajunky is going to be MOST upset with you Jamie....
Yeh, before they were involved with a campain against Zuma (which had nothing with IT news), now this pro-Whatsap bigotry. There is no fair news, no absolutely balance of coverage on MyBB IT news.

On the subject I must take a stance, as Telegram could block screenshots on secret chats from the beginning.
It is one example how Whatsap is lagging behind.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Well that's a different level of upset... Jamie you must return the money whatsapp paid you for the fluff piece. @sajunky knows what you are now.

Chuckmyster

Honorary Master
only if you update whatsapp.
my version still allows me to forward a message to 20 or 30 people at a time (its a lot)
New version is maximum 5 ppl i hear

Yeh, before they were involved with a campain against Zuma (which had nothing with IT news), now this pro-Whatsap bigotry. There is no fair news, no absolutely balance of coverage on MyBB IT news.

On the subject I must take a stance, as Telegram could block screenshots on secret chats from the beginning.
It is one example how Whatsap is lagging behind.
Telegram may be superior in terms of security, whatwhatwhat, but that all goes for naught when some idiot posts a link to join a Telegram neighbourhood security group...seen it recently.