Which ADSL router...?

HavocXphere

Honorary Master
Usually you get the router as part of the package if you go for a DSL complete package. Some ISP (e.g. WebAfrica) allow you to pay an additional amount (R200) to upgrade the router that is included to a better one with wireless etc.

I've got a D-Link 2640U. I like it.

Friggs

I'd recommend looking at the Netgear DG834G, very good ADSL2+ modem with 4 ethernet ports and wireless.

.Froot.

Executive Member
Whats the point of an ADSL 2+ modem in SA?

Because one day when all the useless things are out of South Africa we will finally (hopefully) have ADSL 2+

Useless things: useless cables, useless monopoly companies, etc

Just_Ice

Executive Member
Because one day when all the useless things are out of South Africa we will finally (hopefully) have ADSL 2+

Useless things: useless cables, useless monopoly companies, etc
Not gonna happen in our life time!
@ dequadin: Dont waste money on a adsl 2+ modem.

Just_Ice

Executive Member
Yeah all are pretty much the same. No extra features in general on one that arent on another

wcoetzee

Expert Member
Thanks guys, had a quick look at the Netgear DG834G, looks pretty leet and < R 1000 :p, my searches for a Billion 7300 say it doesn't have wireless which I need!

By no response to my comment: "Are there any feature's I should be looking out for?" does this mean they are mostly the same, mostly?

Thanks guys!

the Billion BiPAC 7300G has wireless

wcoetzee

Expert Member
if you get a cybersmart one price adsl account you get one free, i got one last year. pay R200 something extra and get the wireless one, well that was than
you should call them and inquire first

Ghost02

Expert Member
This might be a dumb question (probably is) but can a ADSL modem act as a type of hub to connect to pc's like lan would do ?