Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Mobile

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I do not play video games

Votes: 3 4.2%

• Total voters

Barbarian Conan

Expert Member
PC - exclusives, games, KB&M is just better than a controller for most games, graphics, high refresh rate gaming.

I also have a PS4, which is also great, but I only use it for exclusives or the few games where a controller is better.

Myrrdin

Expert Member
Platformers, driving simulators, combat style games you are good with a console. Anything that uses a pointer I find tedious on all consoles. As I play a lot of strategy and rpg type games a console for me is not an option.
I do like the multiplayer capability that is inherent in a console platform. So for multiplayer entertainment value when you have friends over I have a console as well.

As for preference I think both have value.

When I play a abe's odessey/mortal combat on my pc I use a controller as I feel the input device lends itself better to those type of games. But for the sheer thrill of the surround sound and 55 inch tv experience when I play f1 console is best with steering wheel and chair.

Is there ultimately a winner? I don't think so. If you apply the wrong device for something it is not best suited for you lose in the experience the game was trying to create.

So where do I spend most of my time? On my pc as for me its is the easiest because it is dedicated, I can just sit down and play. For the console its more of a setup and then dismantle process afterwards. I do have a dedicated tv for the consoles so that has become less of a drag recently. Just a switch between the consoles and its done but setting up the chair and steering wheel is still a hassle as it cant stand in the middle of the floor all the time.

So I picked pc because it is dedicated and suits the type of games I play most often. That might be different for other people.

Sepeng

Expert Member
PS4 - I like the games and the social aspect it can bring; nothing like a few mates playing FIFA together, bumping their controllers at inopportune times. Also easier to play with my kid.

Cius

Executive Member
PC, I mainly do strategy games and they don't really work as well on console based gaming systems. Also my gaming time is generally while me and the wife are watching TV at night, can't really watch the TV and game at the same time then can I.

PC master race.

Mike Hoxbig

Honorary Master
Have a PS4 and Xbox One.

Spend more time on the Xbox - larger online community and virtually no downtime...

ReeceDBN031

PC, although i havent played on pc is forever.. still think PC is best platform.. ps4 was fine but cannot beat PC in terms of gaming..

egenis

PS4 - no need for upgrades to be able to play latest games... and I use a keyboard and mouse for work - do not want to confuse myself using it for fun as well

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Agreed, but COOP cross-play would be great as a standard.
Crossplay needs to exist otherwise the gaming publishers and developers are segregating their multiplayer communities. As hardware improves, console games will better scale with their PC counterparts. Frame rate limitations, graphical limitation, etc. and we have reached a stage where consoles should ‘always’ support keyboard + mice.

Beyond.Celsus

Expert Member
PS4 - no need for upgrades to be able to play latest games... and I use a keyboard and mouse for work - do not want to confuse myself using it for fun as well
And when they no longer make games for the PS4, because the latest and greatest console at a bloated price is out?
Bogus argument.

Vegeta

Executive Member
Don't need to upgrade PC either not until the next gen consoles come out.

Consoles have been a blessing to PC gamer's bank accounts.
Games are much cheaper on PC, no sub to play online and no need to upgrade until the next console gen since all games are ported to work on console and pc except exclusives of cause. You upgrade the PC when the consoles upgrade

This comes from someone who owns all platforms. I prefer the Switch then PC then PS4 then Xbone in that order.

PS4 controller in last place btw