Which ISP for local-only

.Froot.

Executive Member
I am doing web development for local sites but am tired of having to download and upload gigs of data to local sites via my international account.
I need a local account that allows smtp access. Which ISP does something like this? I am not really familiar with all the ISPs out there and their reputation. I have looked at Axxess but they don't allow saix smtp.... :(

cavedog

Honorary Master
My vote goes for Telkom all access. R79 for 1Gb and 10Gb local only SAIX bandwidth. trust this account you can always squeeze out a bit more and you don't get charged. your stats get reset most of the times about 2 times in a month. I don't know why there are so many telkom haters here. they have good accounts but very bad service. Although when I had a problem they refunded my money no questions asked. We should give credit where credit id due! I think I would give telkom a thumbs up from my side! Thanks!

Last edited:

.Froot.

Executive Member
Hehe no I'm staying away from Telkom thank you.... and my ISP let's me squeeze my international by more than "a little".

@milomak
I do web development and thus I do mysql,ftp and smtp for sending test emails and so forth. I test sites locally before I upload the changes.

Zyzzyva

Executive Member
My vote goes for Telkom all access. R79 for 1Gb and 10Gb local only SAIX bandwidth. trust this account you can always sqeeze out a bit more and you don't get charged. your stats get reset most of the times about 2 times in a month. I don't know why there are so many telkom haterz here. they have good accounts but very bad service. Allthough when I had a problem they refunded my money no questions asked. We should give credit where credit id due! I think I would give telkom a thumbs up from my side! Thanks!

haha, no arguing there.. telkom is the best worst run isp ever.