Which ISP for local-only

.Froot.

Executive Member
I am doing web development for local sites but am tired of having to download and upload gigs of data to local sites via my international account.
I need a local account that allows smtp access. Which ISP does something like this? I am not really familiar with all the ISPs out there and their reputation. I have looked at Axxess but they don't allow saix smtp.... :(

jsheed_sa

Executive Member
My bet would be to try openweb or webafrica - cheap and cheerful

J

milomak

Honorary Master
what are you uploading to that needs smtp instead of say ftp?

cavedog

Honorary Master
My vote goes for Telkom all access. R79 for 1Gb and 10Gb local only SAIX bandwidth. trust this account you can always squeeze out a bit more and you don't get charged. your stats get reset most of the times about 2 times in a month. I don't know why there are so many telkom haters here. they have good accounts but very bad service. Although when I had a problem they refunded my money no questions asked. We should give credit where credit id due! I think I would give telkom a thumbs up from my side! Thanks!

Last edited:

.Froot.

Executive Member
Hehe no I'm staying away from Telkom thank you.... and my ISP let's me squeeze my international by more than "a little".

@milomak
I do web development and thus I do mysql,ftp and smtp for sending test emails and so forth. I test sites locally before I upload the changes.

Zyzzyva

Executive Member
My vote goes for Telkom all access. R79 for 1Gb and 10Gb local only SAIX bandwidth. trust this account you can always sqeeze out a bit more and you don't get charged. your stats get reset most of the times about 2 times in a month. I don't know why there are so many telkom haterz here. they have good accounts but very bad service. Allthough when I had a problem they refunded my money no questions asked. We should give credit where credit id due! I think I would give telkom a thumbs up from my side! Thanks!

haha, no arguing there.. telkom is the best worst run isp ever.