Whisk(e)y Lovers thread

Quad

I am interested to know whether there's a difference in the older bottlings versus the newer of the Ardbegs.
So this was my last Ardbeg 10 1L bottle kill on 23 June. I took this pic because you can trace the bottlings. This one was bottled in 2011 (L11) on May 31 (151 = 151st day of the year, contained next to the 'L') at 16H56 on the Caledonian line in the Livingston bottling facility. This line is used for Ardbeg and Glenmo.

Link

David101

A long time whiskey (y) lover. Been following this thread with interest! Just got me this bad boy yesterday.

1563273673490.png

Luben

So this was my last Ardbeg 10 1L bottle kill on 23 June. I took this pic because you can trace the bottlings. This one was bottled in 2011 (L11) on May 31 (151 = 151st day of the year, contained next to the 'L') at 16H56 on the Caledonian line in the Livingston bottling facility. This line is used for Ardbeg and Glenmo.

Link
That's so cool being able to trace it back, I must go check out my bottles.

However, when I asked about the difference in bottlings I should have sepicified a difference in the nose/palate profiles :X3:

Quad

That's so cool being able to trace it back, I must go check out my bottles.

However, when I asked about the difference in bottlings I should have sepicified a difference in the nose/palate profiles :X3:
I figured that :p, I just don't feel like opening yet another bottle of whisky while I've got all these open bottles to get through.

Luben

I figured that :p, I just don't feel like opening yet another bottle of whisky while I've got all these open bottles to get through.
No problems. I would like to hear from others out there that has had the opportunity to sample older bottlings and compare to the more recent editions, what was your verdict.

I've got a few bottles of whiskies bottled in the 80s but most of them have been discontinued, I've got an 80's bottling of the Balvenie 12 and Chivas Regal Royal Salute where I can still find a current bottling.

MightyQuin

Honorary Master
I thought this may make for some interesting viewing. I follow Horst on You Tube. This interview was done by his son, Benedict who tends to hum and ha a bit...but this channel does have interesting reviews.

axsis

I thought this may make for some interesting viewing. I follow Horst on You Tube. This interview was done by his son, Benedict who tends to hum and ha a bit...but this channel does have interesting reviews.

If you watch Horst's review of Bains he was a little mean in my opinion, especially his comment about not being able to visit the distillery. So this may be a nice way of clearing the air?

I'm glad Andy was able to do such an in depth interview with them (even if Horst couldn't make it). Was really comprehensive and I learned quite a bit from it.

HunterNW

Honorary Master
There was a topic here about Nikka Red/Black that won't be available for long as the distillary closed.....
True ?

MightyQuin

Honorary Master
I have to post this here for 2 reasons:

Firstly Springbank makes some of the best whisky in the world and secondly the ending has a very surprising and unique twist....

I also love the "recipes" against the walls.

Spizz

Goat Botherer

Link
Well I never, I never knew about that bottling plant. Livingston is my home town and my brothers place is less than 5 minutes drive from there :p

MightyQuin

Honorary Master
I just bought a Smokehead High Voltage - 58% ABV FTW!
I decided against that one...was worried that this blend may not have the flavor legs the withstand that huge ABV.

I'm most probably wrong....let me know when you taste it.