Whisk(e)y Lovers thread

axsis

Check your PNP liquors, a couple in CPT are reducing old stock atm heh might find something reduced and nice.
I got lucky and picked up a Compass Box Spice Tree for R450. Guess the Sazerac will have to wait. lol!

ProAsm

Expert Member
No, I drink it most of the time and I don't like tequila. It's cheap day to day whiskey which is not too bad. I do prefer drinking something much better when I can afford it :p
Good to see another Vat 69 guy :)
Been drinking it for 10 years now, a case every 2 months.
A thumb with a teaspoon of water to bring out the flavour.
Got this for my birthday from my daughter, very nice with a very different taste and smell.

whisky.jpg

Luben

Thats very interesting, did not know it even existed.
Used to drink rum in my fishing days when I was in my 30's (about 100 years ago) :)
There's many interesting cask finishes out there. The Scotch Whisky Association could be allowing the use of tequila casks. I'm a tequila fan but I drink tequila for the feeling and not the flavor. I've been trying some of the premium tequilas recently but I don't see it pairing well with Whisky.

MightyQuin

Honorary Master
There's many interesting cask finishes out there. The Scotch Whisky Association could be allowing the use of tequila casks. I'm a tequila fan but I drink tequila for the feeling and not the flavor. I've been trying some of the premium tequilas recently but I don't see it pairing well with Whisky.
Interesting you should mention tequila casks...TBWC just released a Balcones that was finished in tequila casks for 2 years !!

What a way to fuk up an incredible Whisky....

MightyQuin

Honorary Master
Got this for my birthday from my daughter, very nice with a very different taste and smell.

View attachment 700575
Great dram...glad to see your daughter trying to help...:p

Luben

Interesting you should mention tequila casks...TBWC just released a Balcones that was finished in tequila casks for 2 years !!

What a way to fuk up an incredible Whisky....
I must say that I'm intrigued but time will tell if I'm willing to spend the money to satisfy my curiosity.

powermzii

Expert Member

View attachment 700575
I also enjoyed this one, finished it very quickly... Has made me keen to try the others in this stable

MightyQuin

Honorary Master
What a way to end the weekend.

Young NAS, with lots of dark chocolate and cherries...like a Black Forest Gateau. Delicious stuff indeed.