Why do people smoke?

Devill

Damned
Yeah guys carry on feeling sorry for yourselves...

Soo interesting to see how now that we couldn't give we get bashed eh? Turtle?
I do not feel sorry for myself :) If I die I die, so what... I might be killed by a tomorrow crocodile tomorrow so really live life, and each to his/her own.

I'm too rational to smoke. Smoking has a 50/50 chance of killing a smoker in the long run. I don't gamble on those sort of odds.
So you also don't drive, eat fatty foods or use salt?

I also have stopped again! Stopped for almost a year and stupidly started again.. I smoked for 13 years..

It is a disgusting habit! It stinks, it looks terrible, it is unhealthy, it is expensive.. There is not one good thing about it!

It is just helluva addictive!
I look hot with a ciggie in one hand and a bottel of tequila in the other :p

I will just rather stay out of this thread.... all these smokers in here defending their disgusting habit is already making me cough, battle to breath and smell like an ashtray....
Rofl yes pls leave :) You second hand smokers better start paying us, this stuff is not free you know!

Look I like smoking, when I really start feeling now is the time to quit I will, it may never even happen.

I also love smoking ciggars and hubbly....

If you don't want 2de hand smoke please stay away from me, in any case we smokers stink so I don't know why you would want to stand so close :p :D

Natasha H

Expert Member
I look hot with a ciggie in one hand and a bottel of tequila in the other :p
Still waiting for you to prove that DS :D

If you don't want 2de hand smoke please stay away from me, in any case we smokers stink so I don't know why you would want to stand so close :p :D
Smokers do stink :( one of the main reasons behind me wanting to stop!

Devill

Damned
Still waiting for you to prove that DS :D

Smokers do stink :( one of the main reasons behind me wanting to stop!
The smokey smell is to keep pesky girls like lancelot away... I can not stand "poppies" that are s stuck up.

adelp

Expert Member
lol!!

I think the thread should have been
Why do people start smoking.
Most people i know that do smoke smoke because it's lekker. But do want to stop.

Natasha H

Expert Member
The smokey smell is to keep pesky girls like lancelot away... I can not stand "poppies" that are s stuck up.
Nah, I don't think it is stuck up.. When you smoke I don't think we realise how badly it actually does smell!

We know logically that is stinks, but until you actually don't smoke you don't realise how bad it really is..

Devill

Damned
Nah, I don't think it is stuck up.. When you smoke I don't think we realise how badly it actually does smell!

We know logically that is stinks, but until you actually don't smoke you don't realise how bad it really is..
I have stopped for 5 months before, I know how we smell, I have also stopped drinking and now I have seen what I 10-1 look like after 6 hours of drinking :) I prefer the look of smoking to the look of drunkeness :p

Also I don't like smoking in enclosed spaces another reason a avoid clubs :D

Claymore

Executive Member
So you also don't drive, eat fatty foods or use salt?
I'm fairly careful with my eating habits, and very careful with driving; I have to drive in order to work, unfortunately. However, none of those is as dangerous as smoking.

Keeper

Honorary Master
I'm fairly careful with my eating habits, and very careful with driving; I have to drive in order to work, unfortunately. However, none of those is as dangerous as smoking.
driving? really? do you have any idea of the mortality rate in SA?:confused:

adelp

Expert Member
I gave up smoking i do not drink,i only use olive oil, i don't like chocolates and gave up milk....
Leave my salt alone!!!!
Really now!!!:eek:
And i have tried and no amount of spices or whatever makes up for no salt.:sick: