Why is Africa a Failure?

OMW So other African countries do not have any problems unique to their circumstances and thus by your standards is not exempt from the Topic statement.

Please calm down. As you get irritable, your posts begin to become incomprehensible.

Of course other African countried have problems unique to them. :confused:

No one else has mentioned other African countries with problems unique to it other than your mention of Kenya and Darfur, and I answered you regarding that.

The OP focusses on Africa as a whole, and not unique countries. This is the third or fourth time I'm trying to explain this to you.

Most of Africa's problems can be attributed to corrupt governments, failed central planning, geopolitics, human rights violations, despotism, illiteracy, superstition, tribal savagery, military conflict, poverty, illiteracy, malnutrition, bad water supply and sanitation and poor health services. Only South Africa is exempt. Nice logic you have there, prolly the best excuse any African could muster. Could win you an Oscar. Congrats.

[quotePlease highlite them, the special and unique exemptions for South Africa...[/quote]

I already have. Things like AA/BEE, ANC incompetence, Eskom etc. all fall under the general list I've given above.

...and please show us why South Africa and Africa is not failing. Start with crime and power or whatever you please.

Please stop derailing this thread. If you would like to discuss South Africa and whether it is failing or not, you are welcome to create a new thread for further discussion.

As for Africa, when did I say it is or isn't failing? Please quote me.

Just leave the school boys choir out of it.. Please!

Pardon me? :confused:
 
postman just forget it. I will make a point of sending me son back to here to chat with you in 50 years (if this place and technology still exists) and I am sure you will still sit here chatting to yourself.
 
It seems for once that most of us agree on this. It boils down to having the wrong people in a position of power politically. I guess the real question is "Why is this so prevalent in Africa?"
 
Could you please identify why there was a need to advance?

I remember back in the day when I was a herd boy. I used to go hunting. Life was so exciting back then. It was just me and my dog :D

Now I have to worry about all these new advanced/civilized stuff. My car, cellphone, traffic, pc, money - what for? :D I didn't need these things back then
 
Well.. there are two sides

A: Those who believe it is more natural to stick to our roots and nature as that is the natural way. To not industrialize etc

Such as?

B: You could also say that progression is the natural way, afterall we progressed from next to nothing into what we are today. Nature supports progression. Human survival in the end, will depend on how much we have progressed when situations arise. At the same time we may kill nature or ourselves because we have progressed too quickly for our own good. Maybe thats also the natural order.

Please tell me how it was hard for Africans to survive considering they were under the sun with an abundance of wildlife.

Then, compare African conditions to those of Europe.
 
I remember back in the day when I was a herd boy. I used to go hunting. Life was so exciting back then. It was just me and my dog :D

Now I have to worry about all these new advanced/civilized stuff. My car, cellphone, traffic, pc, money - what for? :D I didn't need these things back then

I dont want to be a herd boy. I want my cell, laptop, tv, car etc. I like change and I believe it is necessary.
 
Thanks for making it clear...Maby PP can now "understand" what im trying to say

You forget that progression is driven by the need to survive.

Tell me why it was hard for Africans to survive under the sun in the bush with millions of animals.

Then, compare the conditions of Africa to the conditions of Europe.
 
postman just forget it. I will make a point of sending me son back to here to chat with you in 50 years (if this place and technology still exists) and I am sure you will still sit here chatting to yourself.

I look forward to that.

From what I see, I am certainly not chatting to myself.
 
I dont want to be a herd boy. I want my cell, laptop, tv, car etc. I like change and I believe it is necessary.

True...If we didnt had all this stuff we wouldnt have known whats happening ouside the cage. Where you had to do something in a month, you can now do in 1 day...maby even less...and thats ADVANCEMENT!
 
I remember back in the day when I was a herd boy. I used to go hunting. Life was so exciting back then. It was just me and my dog :D

Now I have to worry about all these new advanced/civilized stuff. My car, cellphone, traffic, pc, money - what for? :D I didn't need these things back then

Exactly.

It is the New World which began creating these unnecessary needs.
 
True...If we didnt had all this stuff we wouldnt have known whats happening ouside the cage. Where you had to do something in a month, you can now do in 1 day...maby even less...and thats ADVANCEMENT!

You've hit the nail on the head.
 
Exactly.

It is the New World which began creating these unnecessary needs.
:D
U know back then the only thing I was scared of was a snake, lion, or some wild animal.

Now I'm scared in my own house because someone might come with a gun (which I'm sure was not invented by an African), to demand money, cell phone, dvd, tv, car, u name them.
U call that ADVANCEMENT.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X