Wifi extender using an Ethernet cable

GreatWmR

Hey guys
i'm just wondering if there such a product
i currently have a TP wireless wifi extender but it cuts off at random because it looses signal from my modem
now i was wondering since i have one unused Ethernet cable could i plug that into something to give out the wifi signal

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
It’s always recommended to use a hard wired Ethernet connection instead of a wireless bridge.

Simply run the cable between the repeater and your router and change it into Access Point mode.

Make sure DHCP is turned off.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
It’s always recommended to use a hard wired Ethernet connection instead of a wireless bridge.

Simply run the cable between the repeater and your router and change it into Access Point mode.

GreatWmR

i see but my Tp link repeater doesn't support it
guess its times for an upgrade im guessing the asus RP-12 wireless N300 does support it?

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
i see but my Tp link repeater doesn't support it
guess its times for an upgrade im guessing the asus RP-12 wireless N300 does support it?
Does it not have an Ethernet port at all?

What model is the Tp-link? If there’s an Ethernet port it will support it.

Any access point can be used in his fashion.

GreatWmR

Does it not have an Ethernet port at all?

What model is the Tp-link? If there’s an Ethernet port it will support it.

Any access point can be used in his fashion.
yea there is one port i used to use to connect my playstation too but in the set up site linkrepeater.net they don't give me the option to change modes

https://static.tp-link.com/res/down/doc/TL-WA850RE_V1_UG.pdf

1.2 on page 2 says supports one operating mode : range extender

GreatWmR

from what i can tell there is supposed to be a option for mode next to the log out option

Attachments

GreatWmR

ok so i figured it out, the base firmware doesn't have the mode option so i went into TP links suppport site and updated the firmware and boom it appeared so now its connected!!!

Thanks for the help @Hamish McPanji @SauRoNZA you two are life savers