Wifi signal blocking

Retnox

Umm... Well you could just get some decent mil-spec antenna from http://www.poynting.co.za/ they can make an antenna to fit your needs. - And throw some high power signal back at them - or just go for a directional antenna (Kinda defeats the point if you just want to sit by the poolside and surf the net)
Short of throwing in some money and/or a lot of your time this problem is not gonna resolve itself. You can always try a bit of social engineering... however you'll need to have a lot of facts to pull it off. :p

If someone asks me "Why bother"... I say "Coz I can" :D

daffy

Expert Member
Nah.. its okay
After deregulation in February, Wavestream will get seriously trampled.

I'm using a connection provided by them currently, I get disconnected every 30 minutes, speeds are terrible, and when the weather gets bad I might as well go home because I'm not going to get any work done.

Ofcourse, this also means that many other Wisp's will be popping up, and causing even more noise, but ICASA has said that they wont allow VANS license holders to provide subscriber services in the ISM bands.

For the meantime, I will adopt a wait-and-see attitude, and get some more directional antennas to try avoid the interference.

stoke

Honorary Master
Good news that ICASA are going to return the public frequencies back to the public.
Thanks daffy.