Windows 10 launch date confirmed

crackersa

Honorary Master
looking forward to this release. but like last time, might take a couple days before it could be download as everyone will be hitting the servers at the same time.

isie

Honorary Master
Got a notification on my laptop this morning regarding this - so looks like it's even free upgrade for Win 7?

TimTDP

Expert Member
now all I need is the release date (and specs) for the Surface 4 pro!

joeyhza

I wonder if the Hololens will launch at the same time - as MS promised - thats all I'm keen on

Kano

Is there an offline installer? I have this message on multiple computers that need downloading :eek:

])ragon_\/oid

Expert Member
Looks great, does anyone know if it will include the new MS Office applications even if you dont have them installed,
Or will it just upgrade your existing MS Office?

I saw the Windows 10 update notification this morning.

Most possibly not.

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
Looks great, does anyone know if it will include the new MS Office applications even if you dont have them installed.
You get Windows 10 for free. Not windows 10 and every other MS product. Get Office 365 at R70pm. Cheap as chips.

durbandave

You get Windows 10 for free. Not windows 10 and every other MS product. Get Office 365 at R70pm. Cheap as chips.
It says in the article

"New Office on Windows – Redesigned universal Windows applications for Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. OneNote and Outlook included with Windows 10 for free."

Bryn

Doubleplusgood

You can buy a year of Office 365 for R533 at Rebel Tech. That's an effective R44pm.

diabolus

Executive Member
Windows 10 will receive a number of new features and updates, said Myerson:

Cortana – Microsoft’s personal assistant with natural language processing capabilities. Similar to Siri and OK Google.

I just remembered that Cortana is also the name of that semi nude AI girl/assistant in Halo , amusing how they took the name from there.

saor

Honorary Master
So it seems I first have to upgrade from 8 to 8.1 before I can upgrade to 10. That correct?

saor

Honorary Master
Why wouldn't you have upgraded anyway? 8.1 is quite an improvement over 8.
Everything was running very well - hadn't had a system freeze or anything in ages. Didn't feel like changing anything :).