Windows 10 Wifi Icon blinking

I.am.Sam

rehabilitated troller
So myself and few others have an issue at work where when we try connecting to the work wifi it fails and the wifi icon starts blinking/flashing

I have never seen this ever before on any PC
I have tried connecting to other networks with my wifi and that works fine, its just the work wifi that doesnt connect

What can the issue be and how do i fix ?

Rickster

EVGA Fanatic
So myself and few others have an issue at work where when we try connecting to the work wifi it fails and the wifi icon starts blinking/flashing

I have never seen this ever before on any PC
I have tried connecting to other networks with my wifi and that works fine, its just the work wifi that doesnt connect

What can the issue be and how do i fix ?
Nuke the driver and download the latest from the manufactures website.

I.am.Sam

rehabilitated troller
IT tried that ..didnt work

did a reset as well

but it connects to other wifi connections

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
For anyone visiting this thread later on - got a laptop in with the same issue. Turned out to be an outdated (and out-licensed) antivirus (MCafee) that was being overly zealous regarding what it thought would be harmful to the computer. Uninstall did the trick. (Couldn't really attempt a router reboot like /u/watchingSafe suggested, as I'm campus IT, and bringing down the entire network because one student has an issue is a bit extreme and probably wouldn't help when nobody else experiences the issue anyway).
https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/8h74g4
And another from same thread:
I had this same issue today. Left some torrents on download and slept, when I woke up the torrents stopped in the middle and the wifi didn't work. This thing worked for me; Forget the network. Restart your router. A prompt might pop or you'll see an option about Network and Sharing. Turn that OFF. This worked for me.

I.am.Sam

rehabilitated troller
They tried that as well. What i find weird is that its only for the work wifi and not other wifi

Rickster

EVGA Fanatic
Is the AP using standard wifi channels (1, 6 and 11)?

And are the 5G networks on DFS channels or not.