Wireless internet in Pelikan Park

GangStarrRSA

Hi, its been forever since I was on here.
I am currently without any internet and looking for a wireless internet provider. I have narrowed down the search to lunanet ( that just doesn't respond to any of my requests ) and megamax thats ridiculously priced. I am hopping there's someone in my area that has other alternatives for me.

WIRUlink

Hi

There's more than one Pelican Park. We have coverage at Pelican Park, Jet Park, Gauteng, South Africa.

You can check coverage at www.wiru.co.za/coverage

If you're taling about Pelican Park in Muizenberg, we unfortunately do not have coverage.

Good luck

davyb

ye, Im speaking about the one in Cape Town. Your website was one of the first I checked out
There are several providers in the area that you can try but service levels will definitely be impacted by loads of users. I am currently on Herotel sonic but I wont recommend people on it, there is Cape wifi aswell and Megamax as you indicated. The most positive feedback I got was for Megamax. That being said Vumareach has indicated that they will begin civils for fibre in June, July and August for the Lotus River and Pelikan Park areas so I would advise you to get some month to month option. There is uncapped LTE available for about R999 from some providers.

GangStarrRSA

August is way too far to wait, and LTE is out ( I have been on every network except Vodacom in this area and its just overloaded with users, if I got 2Mb I was grateful ) I think my only option now would be going with MEGAMAX till then on a month to month basis. They told me they will be falling away with their shaping so there's a small hope in the future. I think I can bite it out with a 4Mb connection till then.

GangStarrRSA

in general all wisp are **** and expensive, i am sticking to my LTE 1TB until fibre or mtn air fibre comes along.
I am definitely seeing that. the best deal i have seen so far was from faircom, i unfortunately didn't have line of site. and with LTE I can see all the antennas outside my door, but even with a booster , it was just unusable for me. 4Mb for the win I guess

GangStarrRSA

For anyone else in my area that might be lucky enough to have LOS, they have a 10/10 for R399 and a 20/20 for R475. its by far the best deal I have seen so far

DanDango

Executive Member
Buy a telkom sim prepaid sim convert it to smart wireless. Buy 10gb data bundle and test your connection. If you have an LTE router that does 2300 mhz band then you should get good speed.

davyb

Buy a telkom sim prepaid sim convert it to smart wireless. Buy 10gb data bundle and test your connection. If you have an LTE router that does 2300 mhz band then you should get good speednot in our area

Buy a telkom sim prepaid sim convert it to smart wireless. Buy 10gb data bundle and test your connection. If you have an LTE router that does 2300 mhz band then you should get good speed.

Not in our areas, our towers seems congested, we get very poor speeds on all networks, example at work I get 40Mbps on Vodacom at home I get if I am lucky 5Mbps

GangStarrRSA

On Telkom I got about 2 Mbps with times where I had to reboot my router a few times to get reconnected, Same with Cell C. Telkoms customer care was useless and Cell C just told me the towers are overloaded. Rain 0.02 - 0.028