World Community Grid

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
I was wondering if there was anyone else here that participates in world community grid? It also runs on BOINC (the same client as SETI) but instead of looking for little green spacemen it uses computers from all over to world to work out protene paterns in order to discover drugs to cure cancer and aids. There is also some other projects that look at climate change and also make better rice to feed more people.

For more info check out http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/

A good site to then track your progress is http://boincstats.com/stats/user_stats.php?pr=wcg&st=0&co=South Africa

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
What's your user on WCG ? I am tempted to join your team but currently I am the highest ranking "rogue" in SA. I know it is a bit shelfish but perhaps later when I am 5th in SA I will join the team :)

It would be interesting to know who here is on WCG and what their users are called.

Warped

What's your user on WCG ? I am tempted to join your team but currently I am the highest ranking "rogue" in SA. I know it is a bit shelfish but perhaps later when I am 5th in SA I will join the team :)

It would be interesting to know who here is on WCG and what their users are called.

I am a member of the South Africa Team, in common with all the other 15 BOINC projects I tried over the years. This in addition to other projects like GIMPS, SETI classic, Distributed.net and Seventeen or Bust.

Currently we're running a Challenge in the PrimeGrid project.

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
I only do WCG, could never see the use in other projects. Soon I will be number 5 in SA :)

Beachless

Executive Member
How much bandwidth does this use roughly per month?

I've got a server that's doing nothing sitting at home.

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
Depends on how many cores you have. I think its way less than 1mb a day.

Beachless

Executive Member
I've installed the app on the server but I dont seem to be on the stats site that was posted?

Do I need to join that as well or will it show eventually?

Captain Beer

Executive Member
This should work on Ubuntu right? I have a spare PC sitting around doing nothing. Could be useful for this.

Bismuth

Expert Member
Joined the MyADSL team in 2009, have been on and off of it since then, now have 4-cores contributing to it almost 24/7.

B