Xbox Series X / S

Finally getting the Series S after a long time playing on my old 2014 xbox one. Super excited but can't help to think how outlandishly expensive consoles are in our country. I know most of it are due to the exchange rate and import costs but damn, it hurts the pocket!

I imported my PS5 from NZ for R2K less than local cost and that was with full import duties. (NZ was not even cheapest option, just I had someone in NZ that could collect it for me.)

Someone somewhere is taking us for a ride.
 
Finally getting the Series S after a long time playing on my old 2014 xbox one. Super excited but can't help to think how outlandishly expensive consoles are in our country. I know most of it are due to the exchange rate and import costs but damn, it hurts the pocket!

The difference in load times and fluidity in your games will be night and day. Will be money well spent especially if you have a good display
 
We did seem to get priority stock allocation. I think the new consoles are doing much better locally than they did last generation
The Series X does seem to be doing better yeah. Though now I'm seeing a flood of One Xs on FB market and the prices are starting to drop a bit. Though still about the price they were new in 2019.
 
The Series X does seem to be doing better yeah. Though now I'm seeing a flood of One Xs on FB market and the prices are starting to drop a bit. Though still about the price they were new in 2019.

Talking about One X,

What gets to me is that the Series S do not have access to enhanced for One X titles. I know it cant do 4K but loads of games have other enhancements as well eg 60 fps, but nooo Series S is stuck with the "Launch Xbox One" tree of games.
 
Talking about One X,

What gets to me is that the Series S do not have access to enhanced for One X titles. I know it cant do 4K but loads of games have other enhancements as well eg 60 fps, but nooo Series S is stuck with the "Launch Xbox One" tree of games.
That does suck, but even the Series X doesn't have access to some of them either, Diablo 3 being one of them.
 
That does suck, but even the Series X doesn't have access to some of them either, Diablo 3 being one of them.

Did not know that?
Then again did not know about the enhanced selection either till I upgraded to a Series X.

Sidenote: We happy with the Series S we use in the bedroom, but that is hooked up to an el cheapo 1080p Hisense. Only 2 things in my view to shift the Series S from good to excellent is access to above mentioned enhancements & space. Still think they should have gone for 1TB.
 
Did not know that?
Then again did not know about the enhanced selection either till I upgraded to a Series X.

Sidenote: We happy with the Series S we use in the bedroom, but that is hooked up to an el cheapo 1080p Hisense. Only 2 things in my view to shift the Series S from good to excellent is access to above mentioned enhancements & space. Still think they should have gone for 1TB.
The cost of the console would've gone up quite a bit, just look at the price of the extended storage.
 
The cost of the console would've gone up quite a bit, just look at the price of the extended storage.

True, at least Microsoft did not lock/encrypt removable storage so you can hot swap. Hell I can even hot swap a USB drive from one console to next and play installed gamed off them.

PS5 has a hissy fit when you just unplug a USB.
 
True, at least Microsoft did not lock/encrypt removable storage so you can hot swap. Hell I can even hot swap a USB drive from one console to next and play installed gamed off them.

PS5 has a hissy fit when you just unplug a USB.
Yup I am still using the same hard drive from my original Xbox One, it's been through the OG, the S, the X and now the Series X, and I've unplugged it and plugged it back in.
 
Recently sold my Series X. It was a reluctant sale. I’ll definitely be back in time for the launch of the next instalment of Grand Theft Auto and Forza Motorsport.
 
Well guys, we have officially peaked. It's only downhill from here. This is bigger than the Activision acquisition:

 
Well guys, we have officially peaked. It's only downhill from here. This is bigger than the Activision acquisition:


Esp if you note that it was the 1st PS plus game for PS5 back in November 2020

 
Just ordered a Series S. Hopefully the power is back before it arrives

Gratz

The nice thing about Series S is its low power consumption (40-60W). It sips power and can play for hours on the Series S & 40" Hisense with Mecer inverter. Series X on the other hand is not kind on da batteries.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X