Xbox Series X / S

Hellblade looks fantastic.

If you haven’t played the first get those headphones out and get to it because it’s one of the best games ever made.
I am glad people enjoyed the first game, and that it's praised so much, by so many people.

I do feel like I am in the minority when it comes to that game. Controls felt muddy, combat was clunky, story was ok but nothing special. the world was dull and brown.

It felt like more of a performance capture flex to me.

I'm pretty sure I'll give the new one a go though. The gameplay they've shown does look really good.
 
I am glad people enjoyed the first game, and that it's praised so much, by so many people.

I do feel like I am in the minority when it comes to that game. Controls felt muddy, combat was clunky, story was ok but nothing special. the world was dull and brown.

It felt like more of a performance capture flex to me.

I'm pretty sure I'll give the new one a go though. The gameplay they've shown does look really good.

It is a bit of an “experience” game. Like an interactive movie.

It’s almost a walking simulator with some combat diversion in the middle just to change the pace.

It could have been far worse just being based on quick time events.

I liken it to Infinity Blade that first came out on iOS many years ago.

It is 100% about the psychological thriller elements for me and if you didn’t play it with headphones you missed half the game.

Sequel does look like the combat will be more engaging to address that part which many people didn’t enjoy very much, but also a shorter game overall from what I’ve understood.

Oddly for me there could have been less combat in the first game, whereas most complained there was too little and wanted more depth to it.
 
The scary thing is, we're almost 4 years into the new consoles and yet it doesn't really feel like it, as they are only really now starting to cut the old generation out. What will happen with the new SKU? I mean 6/7 years of tech advancement should be in that console.
 
The scary thing is, we're almost 4 years into the new consoles and yet it doesn't really feel like it, as they are only really now starting to cut the old generation out. What will happen with the new SKU? I mean 6/7 years of tech advancement should be in that console.


My only concern is if Xbox move out of the market there is nothing to keep Sony in line and trust me Sony has no issues fing its customers from behind. (See Sony rootkit or OtherOS) Hell Sony was even riding Red Ring Of Death that had Warranty replacements while hiding YLOD under a rug.

We would still be without access to "PS Now" in SA if GamePass was not a thing. So yeah in my view it will be a sad day for even Sony fans when Xbox retires.
 
My only concern is if Xbox move out of the market there is nothing to keep Sony in line and trust me Sony has no issues fing its customers from behind. (See Sony rootkit or OtherOS)

I mean we would still be without access to "PS Now" in SA if GamePass was not a thing. So yeah in my view it will be a sad day when Xbox retire.
Oh if Xbox leaves, Sony will really just screw us over, they've done it in the past. Even look at the PSN outage of 2011, where they also took their time to actually divulge the info that users personal information was accessed
Sure Microsoft dropped the bomb on the consoles with the stupid Xbox One being an all in one unit instead of a gaming one, plus the lack of proper exclusives have fueled this downward spiral, I mean the XSX should be up there but nope, Microsoft decides to release 2 consoles with vastly different specs to confuse people more.
Why didn't they make the Series S a diskless X with a smaller drive to cut costs? Instead of giving us a console half the power of the X?
 
Sure Microsoft dropped the bomb on the consoles with the stupid Xbox One being an all in one unit instead of a gaming one, plus the lack of proper exclusives have fueled this downward spiral, I mean the XSX should be up there but nope, Microsoft decides to release 2 consoles with vastly different specs to confuse people more.
Why didn't they make the Series S a diskless X with a smaller drive to cut costs? Instead of giving us a console half the power of the X?

Yep no argument there.

The problem is the only way to fight Sony head-on is by using the same tactic ie: Exclusives. Like releasing a game on Console only and only a year after drop onto PC. The problem is that that undermine the PC market.
So they in a damn if you do damn if you don't box.

Personally I would say they should play the long game, eat the losses, and keep games on PC/ Xbox Console only but at the same time use the arsenal they have. Start handing out desirable goods on GamePass Perks on console and such. (Not the crap they have on there now.)
 
My only concern is if Xbox move out of the market there is nothing to keep Sony in line and trust me Sony has no issues fing its customers from behind. (See Sony rootkit or OtherOS) Hell Sony was even riding Red Ring Of Death that had Warranty replacements while hiding YLOD under a rug.

We would still be without access to "PS Now" in SA if GamePass was not a thing. So yeah in my view it will be a sad day for even Sony fans when Xbox retires.
I'd have no issue with it if they can by some miracle get GP onto PS. Saves me having to buy another console.

Let Sony do what they do i.e. hardware and MS focus on content delivery...
 
Yep no argument there.

The problem is the only way to fight Sony head-on is by using the same tactic ie: Exclusives. Like releasing a game on Console only and only a year after drop onto PC. The problem is that that undermine the PC market.
So they in a damn if you do damn if you don't box.

Personally I would say they should play the long game, eat the losses, and keep games on PC/ Xbox Console only but at the same time use the arsenal they have. Start handing out desirable goods on GamePass Perks on console and such. (Not the crap they have on there now.)
Well currently all Sony is doing is releasing the same games over and over. I mean Microsoft could do the same with Gears, we could get 4 and 5 remastered :-P. Oh wait no they are BCW.
 
Well currently all Sony is doing is releasing the same games over and over. I mean Microsoft could do the same with Gears, we could get 4 and 5 remastered :p. Oh wait no they are BCW.

Oh dear.

Anyway, I'm still being nice over here :)
 
My only concern is if Xbox move out of the market there is nothing to keep Sony in line and trust me Sony has no issues fing its customers from behind. (See Sony rootkit or OtherOS) Hell Sony was even riding Red Ring Of Death that had Warranty replacements while hiding YLOD under a rug.

We would still be without access to "PS Now" in SA if GamePass was not a thing. So yeah in my view it will be a sad day for even Sony fans when Xbox retires.

While I think you are being a bit melodramatic, I personally would not want to see MS out of the console "war". I didn't want an MS monopoly, that also applies to a Sony monopoly - competition is good for us, the consumer/gamer.

I just previously objected to MS using money from one monopoly to try and create another one.
 
I'd have no issue with it if they can by some miracle get GP onto PS. Saves me having to buy another console.

Let Sony do what they do i.e. hardware and MS focus on content delivery...
Even if MS does a special version of GP for the PS to makes them happy and not compete with PS+ ..like a version consisting of only MS titles and exclusives at an obviously reduced price.
 
My only concern is if Xbox move out of the market there is nothing to keep Sony in line and trust me Sony has no issues fing its customers from behind. (See Sony rootkit or OtherOS) Hell Sony was even riding Red Ring Of Death that had Warranty replacements while hiding YLOD under a rug.

We would still be without access to "PS Now" in SA if GamePass was not a thing. So yeah in my view it will be a sad day for even Sony fans when Xbox retires.
 
GGO3ETwXQAA4Zfl
 
Was planning on starting Callisto protocol but think will do Resi 3 1st. I enjoyed the remake of 2. Never bothered to buy 3, but 'free' is very difficult to pass. Nice one Gamepass :)
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X