Xbox Series X / S

Anyone here use a mechanical hard drive to store games on their series x/s and transfer back and forth? Is it feasible in terms of transfer times? I keep deleting and redownloading due to internal space constraints :crying:

Using this one at the moment.

Works like a dream, and is my default install location. When I Install S or X enhanced games it normally bombs saying it can only install internally at which point I change the install location. The rest install and play without issues.

If I am done with a game I move it to the HD for storage. Takes about 10-20 min's to move.
 
So i have been using an external 1TB ssd on the xbox x, but i am not really seeing the point if it doesn't support new games...will it be much slower to use a normal mechanical drive for those older games?
i am sure i can find a better use for this 1tb external SSD.
 
So i have been using an external 1TB ssd on the xbox x, but i am not really seeing the point if it doesn't support new games...will it be much slower to use a normal mechanical drive for those older games?
i am sure i can find a better use for this 1tb external SSD.
Well it will still make a difference in terms of transfer speeds. It's annoying to wait an hour you play a game because it's busy transferring...
 
so if i understand correctly.
currently the xbox series x can not run games off the external drive?
it's simply to "offload or archive existing games?
i do get an option to "install to external drive", but only for older games
 
so if i understand correctly.
currently the xbox series x can not run games off the external drive?
it's simply to "offload or archive existing games?
i do get an option to "install to external drive", but only for older games

Can not run Series X games off an external, but can run Xbox One, 360 and Original Xbox games just fine.

You need:
To play Series games from external
 
Last edited:
Can not run Series X games off an external, but can run Xbox One, 360 and Original Xbox games just fine.

You need:
To play Series games from external

Man, that sucker is eye wateringly pricy.

At that price, I'm happy to plan ahead and move games on and off as required.
 
Last edited:
Anyone know of series s specials with extra controller?
Havent gamed in ages and am so out of touch I can only find whats on general google pages.
They all seem around the same price sadly
 
Anyone know of series s specials with extra controller?
Havent gamed in ages and am so out of touch I can only find whats on general google pages.
They all seem around the same price sadly
Avo (www.avo.africa) usually has it at a decent price (picked mine up for R6199 including shipping in mid Feb)

I see they only have it for R6999 at the moment so you'll need to keep checking back.

The Electric Green Controller (https://www.avo.africa/shopping/product/20G3-51LR) is on special for R999 at the moment - that's about the cheapest you'll pick up a new controller anywhere.

You can also try carbonite for 2nd hand (www.carbonite.co.za) - I've seen them go for as low as R4.7k there
 
Last edited:
Avo (www.avo.africa) usually has it at a decent price (picked mine up for R6199 including shipping in mid Feb)

I see they only have it for R6999 at the moment so you'll need to keep checking back.

The Electric Green Controller (https://www.avo.africa/shopping/product/20G3-51LR) is on special for R999 at the moment - that's about the cheapest you'll pick up a new controller anywhere.

You can also try carbonite for 2nd hand (www.carbonite.co.za) - I've seen them go for as low as R4.7k there
That’s a great controller price. Was going to order a 2nd hand one from carbonite, but when you factor in the shipping the price ends up being pretty close (free on Avo)
 
That’s a great controller price. Was going to order a 2nd hand one from carbonite, but when you factor in the shipping the price ends up being pretty close (free on Avo)
Do not forget to use code MARCH150 to get an extra R150 off (R450 minimum purchase) on avo before the end of March. There will be a R5 fee, so R145 rather, but still, a great price, incl. delivery:

1647959131192.png
 
Do not forget to use code MARCH150 to get an extra R150 off (R450 minimum purchase) on avo before the end of March. There will be a R5 fee, so R145 rather, but still, a great price, incl. delivery:

View attachment 1274910

That's a fantastic price - you won't get a 2nd hand one for that price (with the discount)
 
Thou shall not tempt me satan

Best of both but it cost R500 more....

If I'd snagged the Electric Volt when it was on special I wouldn't have bought this baby



replaces horrible photo with a better one

b0d9ba536e83232a370b0d9a0af7883c.jpg
 
Last edited:
Best of both but it cost R500 more....

If I'd snagged the Electric Volt when it was on special I wouldn't have bought this baby

e243fde1ead10dd9fdb4e83f9685f3ec.jpg


960b249cd0d3ebbf0d5068c7673725a8.jpg
Some 90% rubbing alcohol and a soft cloth for that will clean it up nicely.
I've got a robot white, Carbon black, electric volt and the blue one :).
Not to mention the custom S one for my son, 2 normal white ones and an old black one.
Though I do have 3 consoles so sometimes there aren't enough controllers.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X