Xbox Series X / S

The following list is everything that was revealed during the Xbox business update event:

Four Xbox games announced for other consoles, not Starfield or Indiana Jones

No plans to fundamentally change Xbox's exclusive strategy

Xbox team "excited" and wants to "learn" from making these titles multiplatform

Diablo 4 is coming to Xbox Game Pass from Activision Blizzard very soon
Xbox Game Pass now has 34 million subscribers, service will continue to remain exclusive

Exciting hardware news will be revealed (and maybe released?) in Holiday 2024
Xbox plans to deliver the "largest technical leap ever" in the next hardware generation


 
I enjoyed this presentation / podcast.
I found it quite odd. I sat wondering why they didn't just pop up a post on Xbox wire, the news wasn't really worthy of getting a bunch of execs together for a 20m talk.

I also found the whole thing to be a bit disjointed. Lots of tension leading up to "4 titles going to other platforms". And then randomly in the middle, Bond, Sarah Bond, pipes up and says "diablo4comingtogamepassendofmarch".

The only exciting bit of news for me was the mention of the June showcase. Otherwise watching the announcements was like watching a balloon slowly deflate. I was really hoping for some big moves like exclusivity will be a thing of the past, because I don't want to be tied to buying a specific console for specific games, nor do I want to wait in hope of something coming to PC. Real pie in the skie hopes and I know I am probably in the minority here, but I am not a fan of exclusivity anymore.

But I suppose the biggest complaint I have with the Xbox Podcast as a whole is the loss of Larry Hryb. When he left, it lost the spark for me. I am still a bit sad about that.
 
Boltgun...had to google that.
Looks good. Thanks for the heads-up!

/Adds it to the two hundred games on my must try list...
As a Warhammer 40k fan I bought it on Switch the 1st time I saw it. Loved it, will probably install it on Xbox as well to see how it compare.
 
As a Warhammer 40k fan I bought it on Switch the 1st time I saw it. Loved it, will probably install it on Xbox as well to see how it compare.
Just finished Space Marine on Steam seeing as it's not bcw
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X