Your Thoughts, Please

Lycanthrope

Honorary Master
Can anyone with the time (and patience) please tell me what they think of this discussion.

It's a discussion in the ANC's Facebook group regarding well... Read it and let me know... Thank you.

Lycanthrope

Honorary Master
Fanatical, they are; as Yoda would say. But then they're hardcore supporters probably, maybe even Youth League members or something.

I suppose. But do you think it's true? People vote for the colour of the party's skin, and not what the party stands for? Actually, I suppose it's stupid of me to think any differently.

To be honest, that discussion felt like a trip to the PD section :D

Jonny Two Shoes

Expert Member
I have absolutely no idea why anyone in their right mind would want to support the ANC anymore :/ but that's just my opinion. The total mindset one would need to think that they are able to run a country is astounding. How??????? After all the wrong they have done after Madiba's reign HOW THE HELL CAN PEOPLE STILL LIKE THEM??????? I am sooooo confused :confused: I am so dang confused by it I just don't know what else to say.

I don't care if the people running the country are pink and purple with blue spots...if they can actually do it that would be all I need to be a happy little citizen.

But hey lets have the worst candidates for the job because hell it's just a meaningless country with meaningless lives and I don't give a darn VIVA ANC VIVA!!!!!!! lets all go have a fking joll!!!

*sigh* I don't know :(

Last edited:

PeterCH

Honorary Master
I suppose. But do you think it's true? People vote for the colour of the party's skin, and not what the party stands for? Actually, I suppose it's stupid of me to think any differently.

To be honest, that discussion felt like a trip to the PD section :D

YES, I think it's true. People will still vote that way for many years, it may be changing among some more educated well off people but with the majority I don't see it changing any time soon.

To cheer you up - here's a cool scene for you:
http://mybroadband.co.za/photos/showphoto.php?photo=9486&cat=500

Lycanthrope

Honorary Master
I don't care if the people running the country are pink and purple with blue spots...if they can actually do it that would be all I need to be a happy little citizen.

I agree with you - wholeheartedly!

I don't understand what race has to do with whom you vote for :confused: You're voting for the wonderful little promises the parties make, the optimistic woot-woot and splendour of hope, not "zomg! Such pretty skinz! MUST VOTE FOT IT!"

YES, I think it's true. People will still vote that way for many years, it may be changing among some more educated well off people but with the majority I don't see it changing any time soon.

You make Ly-Ly sad :( But it's true :/

Mmmm... storm trooper *grin* :eek:

Slootvreter

Honorary Master
someone who raped a young woman with HIV

This is where I stopped reading. He did not rape that woman, and the courts found him not guilty, but because people don't like him (yeah, he is an idiot of note, and I have no time for him), they still like to say he did.

medicnick83

Paramedic
*waves at Hugo*
(Pic of the wolf gives it away)

VIVA ANC VIVA!

^---------------------- :rolleyes:

Lycanthrope

Honorary Master
This is where I stopped reading. He did not rape that woman, and the courts found him not guilty, but because people don't like him (yeah, he is an idiot of note, and I have no time for him), they still like to say he did.

Fair enough. So he was acquitted of those charges. Yet the likes of Malema still have the audacity to say "she liked it." So forgive me if I'm sceptical about the truth behind his actual innocence.

If he is innocent, then I apologise from the bottom of my heart. But I don't believe for one moment that he is.

/me waves at gdiza :eek:

P.S. - I also can't edit the post and change it to "accused of ---" ...

Alan

Honorary Master
I have absolutely no idea why anyone in their right mind would want to support the ANC anymore :/ but that's just my opinion. The total mindset one would need to think that they are able to run a country is astounding. How??????? After all the wrong they have done after Madiba's reign HOW THE HELL CAN PEOPLE STILL LIKE THEM??????? I am sooooo confused :confused: I am so dang confused by it I just don't know what else to say.

You're confused because you've soaked up copious amounts of propaganda. This is clear since you only seem to believe things went wrong after Madiba when in fact things are much the same as the were during the days of his rule.

Fuma

Executive Member
Facebook blocked here. Eish!

You're confused because you've soaked up copious amounts of propaganda. This is clear since you only seem to believe things went wrong after Madiba when in fact things are much the same as the were during the days of his rule.
You really hate Madiba, don't you?

Last edited:

Vrotappel

Bulls fan

I agree, stuff like the arms deal and Eskom's failure to expand happened whilst Mandela was president. Let's give credit where it's due.

STS

Mafia Detective

yes, them black people should have stayed off our beaches and trains :D
the ANC changed South Africa's future for the better, no matter what anyone says. and anyone who does disagree obviously doesn't understand the importance of freedom. the ANC isn't COMPLETELY useless, it still has good points, but i think other political parties could do much better at this stage.

i'm also on facebook Lycanthrope, but we seem to find different forums. compared to many of the COPE and VF+ supporter groups i visit, the ANC facebook group is FAR superior. all you have to do is look at the individuals and the people that speak up.

Alan

Honorary Master
Facebook blocked here. Eish!

You really hate Madiba, don't you?

Just trying to bulldoze through all the brainwashing the masses have succumbed too

I agree, stuff like the arms deal and Eskom's failure to expand happened whilst Mandela was president. Let's give credit where it's due.

Not to mention crime. Which was actually worse.

yes, them black people should have stayed off our beaches and trains :D
the ANC changed South Africa's future for the better, no matter what anyone says. and anyone who does disagree obviously doesn't understand the importance of freedom. the ANC isn't COMPLETELY useless, it still has good points, but i think other political parties could do much better at this stage.

Oh look the race card :rolleyes:

Yes and mad Bob changed Zim's future for the better too. You seem to be of the ignorant opinion that only the ANC represents freedom. This BS notion is exactly what Zuma uses to get votes.

Slootvreter

Honorary Master
Fair enough. So he was acquitted of those charges. Yet the likes of Malema still have the audacity to say "she liked it." So forgive me if I'm sceptical about the truth behind his actual innocence.

Make no mistake, I think Zuma is a clown and I'm not an ANC supporter, but I'm adamant he didn't rape that woman. If you followed the whole thing, you'd remember that it came out in court that she did in fact cry rape a previous time as well (with someone else, not Zuma), and that charge also didn't stick.

STS

Mafia Detective
Oh look the race card :rolleyes:

Yes and mad Bob changed Zim's future for the better too. You seem to be of the ignorant opinion that only the ANC represents freedom. This BS notion is exactly what Zuma uses to get votes.

the difference is Madiba wasn't Mugabe, and neither is Zuma. who's playing the race card now? :D how were races that were previously seperated suppose to integrate into a new South Africa? ;) poof! magic overnight, and the ANC scores!

i know a lot of parties represent freedom. i also know a lot of parties have different focuses, am i suppose to vote for a party that doesn't agree with my focus? the thing about when voting for a party isn't about who is the most moral or the best person, it's how do I benefit and ensure a better future for myself?

stop assuming people are impersonal cattle who don't have lives or personalities, and only live to make your life harder by voting for a party that you hate.