Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 124 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Cell C Speed Test Results

Default Cell C Speed Test Results

This thread is for posting speed test results. Currently speedtest.net is the most popular speed test, but feel free to post screenshots of your download manager, your console or even your mobile phone.

When using speedtest.net, don't just click 'Begin Test', rather choose the Johannesburg server (let your mouse hover over the star to see the choices) for local speed tests and the London server for international speed tests. Currently Cell-C have no peering links in any other cities in South Africa, so all traffic goes via Johannesburg, similarly we only have international links to London. It may be interesting to note the name of the server as well, e.g. Cell-C, Vodacom, Namesco, TranceFM, etc. to see whether this has any bearing on the results.

Please include your signal strength (RSSI) in dBm where possible.
    How to check signal strength (RSSI)

It is also useful to know your location, especially if you are reporting a connection problem. To change your location in your MyBroadband profile, click My Profile in the blue band in the top-right corner of the page, then click on the About Me tab, then click on the pencil icon next to Location.

While a link to your speedtest.net results is handy to prove your results, please also include your results in the body of your post otherwise they are likely to be ignored.

From http://www.cellc.co.za/internet/page...nks/speed-test :
    To ensure that you receive the most accurate results from your speed test, make sure that you choose the Johannesburg server to test from. Do not choose the server closest to your physical location, since the server closest to Cell C's Data Centre dictates the overall speed that you will get from Cell C's network.
    Last edited by ginggs; 05-08-2013 at 05:36 PM.

Default Cell C Speed Test Results

Best Download

Best Latency

Best Upload

Could every one post their best speed test on all the networks on this thread. Best Upload, download and best latency
    Last edited by guy3g; 15-08-2010 at 07:38 PM.

Say WHAT? 12 megabits per second? Holy crap that must be on the unreleased 3G network. Well I'm looking forward to the pricing on that.

i thought it was always R999/yr with 2GB monthly cap for 12 months or R2000/yr with 5GB monthly cap for 12 months? It is an open secret!

Grandmaster

Where was this?
    Volunteer Wildfire Services - Committed to Extinguishing Wildfires

Quote Originally Posted by guy3g View Post
    Best Download

Best Latency

Best Upload

Could every one post their best speed test on all the networks on this thread. Best Upload, download and best latency
    Why do they differ so much? Is one taken with the modem in the air, other with the modem on the ground and the last one with the modem wrapped in tinfoil or something?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SharkBait View Post
    Why do they differ so much? Is one taken with the modem in the air, other with the modem on the ground and the last one with the modem wrapped in tinfoil or something?
    was thinking the same

i hope you can buy data bundles separately , got contract with them so ready to buy!!
    Www.gtxgaming.co.za
    For all your graphics card requirements!

How come are the dates different, I want to see the dates of today... I cannot wait for pricing either, might go and buy me 2 if the prepaid offering is right

Really want to know where this was. Cape Town is not online yet and that was supposed one of the first cities to go online

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by SharkBait View Post
    Worries me a bit that if the speeds change that much during testing. How stable is it going to be when it's live?

Quote Originally Posted by Colin62 View Post
    Worries me a bit that if the speeds change that much during testing. How stable is it going to be when it's live?
    I think they saw how many people want to give CellC's new 3G a try and realized that their network won't be able to handle it, so they postponed to do some more upgrades.

CellC HSPA+

A Few speed tests done from Lorraine, PE

Will post some from summerstrand tomorrow

Speedtest.net isnt long enough to get any momentum so I did a download manager test

Last edited by Leno; 05-09-2010 at 10:22 AM. Reason: put thumbnail instead of full size image

Quote Originally Posted by Leno View Post
    Speedtest.net isnt long enough to get any momentum so I did a download manager test

I shouldn't need to get momentum. Nice to see those speeds but far off 21MBit, wonder how many people will even get more than 10

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 124 123451151101 ... LastLast