Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 27 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: The Poynting antenna discussion thread

Default The Poynting antenna discussion thread

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421650527.013557.jpg
Views: 17482
Size:  16.1 KB

This thread will serve as a more dedicated area to discuss Poynting antennas which have been going on in other threads. It'll be nice to have all the info in one place and stop going off topic in the other threads (Telkom Mobile LTE Speed Test thread, Huawei B593 discussion thread).

Firstly, where does one buy Poynting antennas? Visit their webshop here: http://www.antennas.co.za/

Local product info: http://www.poyntingurban.com/

Visit their European site for alternate product info: http://poynting-europe.com/

Not sure which antenna you need? Ask here.

Why choose Poynting?

- You get what you pay for
    - 5-7m cables included with some products (directional antennas, not omnis)
    - High-quality, low-loss coaxial cable used
    - DC-short built into their products (forces antenna detection and also helps with vicinity lightning strikes*)
    - Showroom at Samrand
    - Face-to-face discussions and assistance at their Samrand office
    - They offer a professional installation service
    - They distribute worldwide and are one of the top antenna companies in the world!
    - Antennas designed by their own ph.D's in Engineering (no fong kong)

* The pole which the antenna is mounted on must be properly grounded. This means that it must be mounted on an aluminium pole with a copper strap running down the pole into an appropriate spike (or 3 spikes) into moist soil. An additional aluminium pipe can be mounted horizontally above the antenna to take the brunt of any direct strikes.

Resources:

The Huawei B593 LTE discussion thread

Antenna installation and alignment

Telkom Mobile LTE Leaderboard

External articles:

Why an outdoor antenna is a good idea

Why two antennas for LTE / antenna spacing

Poynting's product map

Poynting antennas mathematically proven to be worth their salt

Any suggestions to improve the thread are welcome. Please also point out any inaccuracies so I may correct them for the benefit of all users of this thread.

Edit: I'm aware that people still think I'm affiliated with Poynting even after the below disclaimer. I chose the thread topic due to other similar topics that already existed but without the necessary focus. To the best of my knowledge, there aren't any LTE antenna competitors in SA. Of the 3G antennas available, most are from Poynting! I buy my stuff from Poynting like anyone else and don't get a discount.

Disclaimer: I have no affiliation with Poynting, I'm just a big fan.
    Last edited by Azimuth; 20-07-2015 at 02:03 PM.
    Ubiquiti Custom Network | RocketNet Apollo 100 Home Uncapped Fibre

The focus these days is on LTE so I won't personally be discussing much about 3G - feel free to still discuss 3G antennas/installations in this thread though.

Most of us are currently using the Huawei B593 LTE CPE as our primary device. If you are using a different device to attach your antenna to e.g. B683, E5776, please state so.
    Last edited by Azimuth; 15-07-2014 at 07:59 AM.

The most popular antennas being used for LTE right now are:

A-XPOL-0001

Frequency
    790MHz - 960MHz
    1710MHz - 2700 MHz

Orientation:
    Omni-directional

Use with SA cellular network
    MTN, Vodacom, Cell C and Telkom Mobile

Gain
    2.5 dBi

How many to buy for LTE?
    Only one. It has two feeds coming out the antenna housing.

The weather proof housing is designed for window, mast and wall mounting. The antenna has 2 x 5 metres of low loss cable. This is a cost effective value-added product for signal enhancement and ensuring higher throughputs and stable links for subscribers. This will improve subscribers' user experience and ensure client retention. It is ideal for any applications using the GSM network (LTE/HSPA/3G/EDGE/GPRS).

A-XPOL-0002

Frequency
    650 - 960 MHz
    1710 - 2170 MHz
    2500 - 2700 MHz

Orientation:
    Directional

MTN, Vodacom and Cell C

Gain
    9 dBi

How many to buy for LTE?

The weather proof housing is designed for window, mast and wall mounting. The antenna has 2 x 5 metres of low loss cable. This is a cost effective and value-added product for signal enhancement and ensuring higher throughputs and stable links for subscribers. This will improve subscribers' user experience and ensure client retention. It is ideal for any application using the GSM network (LTE/HSPA/3G/EDGE/ GPRS).

Note that the XPOL-0002-v2 is out in Europe but not SA. The new revision has full wide-band support from 650-2700MHz.

A-XPOL-0006 (I also see the code "XPOL-06" being used)

Frequency
    2300 - 2400 MHz

Orientation:
    Directional

Telkom Mobile only

Interesting tidbit
    2.3 GHz is also used by Rostelecom (WiMAX To LTE), Spectranet Limited, Celcom (Axiata), Osnova Telekom, Nepal Telecom, Asiaspace (WiMAX), MTNL, Bharti Airtel, NBN Co.; TMP Uganda and Blueline in Boksburg.
    Source: Poynting, Direct - Facebook

Gain
    11 dBi

How many to buy for LTE?

The antenna provides an innovative and future proof solution for 2.3-2.4 GHz LTE deployments. It is a unique wall or pole mountable, dual polarised, 2.3-2.4 GHz LTE antenna. Incorporating two separately fed elements in a single housing, the antenna is equipped to provide client side MiMo and diversity support for the networks of today and tomorrow.

The weatherproof housing is designed for mast and wall mounting.

This is a cost effective value added product for signal enhancement and ensuring higher throughputs and stable links for subscribers.

Name:  XPOL-06.jpg
Views: 19101
Size:  38.8 KB

A-LPDA-0020-V2

Frequency
    680 - 2900 MHz

Orientation:
    Directional

Gain
    9 dBi

How many to buy for LTE?
    You need to buy two as well as a special bracket -OR- buy the LTE kit which contains two, then buy the special bracket.

This medium gain wideband directional antenna covers the LTE 700 and 1700 MHz bands used in North America, LTE 900, 1800 and 2600 MHz bands used in Europe, LTE 1800 and 2600 MHz bands used in Asia, the GSM 900, GSM1800 / UMTS and WLAN2400 bands. Its configuration is suitable for various cellular communication systems as well as the 2.4 GHz ISM band.

When used for LTE, two A-LPDA-0020-V2 antennas can be mounted in space at 90 to each other using the included bracket.

This antenna has superior performance over the band-width. It must be noted that it comes with 5m cable as most competing antennas don't have cables.

Name:  LPDA-0020.jpg
Views: 19318
Size:  34.8 KB

A-LPDA-0092

Frequency
    694 - 1000 MHz
    1500 - 3000 MHz

Orientation:
    Directional

Gain
    12 dBi

How many to buy for LTE?
    You need to buy two as well as a special bracket -OR- buy the LTE kit which contains two, then buy the special bracket.

This antenna is unique in its combination of ultra wide-band operator with a consistent high-gain performance. It has been successfully used in extreme weather environments in Africa and Europe with close to zero failures. A firm favourite, in any area where operators are having signal challenges. Install 2 x LPDA-0092s, one horizontally and one vertically to improve your LTE / 4G speed. You will need an additional bracket (A-BRKT-030) to allow you to mount the antenna horizontally. The antenna comes with 7m low loss HDF195 cable terminted in a SMA (m) connector.

Name:  LPDA-0092.jpg
Views: 19397
Size:  37.8 KB

A-OMNI-0069-V3

Frequency
    790 - 960 MHz
    1710 - 2170 MHz
    2500 - 2700 MHz

Orientation:
    Omni-directional

MTN, Vodacom and Cell C

Gain
    6.3 dBi

How many to buy for LTE?
    You need to buy two.

4G / LTE is an exciting cellular technology that has potential peak data rates of 300 Mb/s and higher. This will cause a fundamental change in the role of wireless data for internet access.LTE operates on new frequency bands since current equipment still needs support on existing bands until all cellular equipment becomes 4G enabled, this antenna is ideal as this antenna is backward compatible with legacy cellular technologies.

This high gain omni-directional antenna covers all cellular frequencies bands needed for LTE(4G), but also covers the bands for HSDPA, 3G, EDGE, GPRS and voice. Its configuration makes it suitable for fixed installations of any cellular frequency band. This is one of the few omni-directional antennas in the world that offers consistent high gain over a very wide frequency band. This makes it a very popular choice with installers because of its base station angle.

A-XPOL-0010

Frequency
    690 - 960 MHz
    1710 - 2700 MHz

Orientation:
    Directional

How many to buy for LTE?

This fairly small antenna incorporates two seperately fed ultra wideband elements in a single housing that is highly portable. Use the incorporated stand to put on your desk, hang it on your laptop screen or stick it onto a window.

If your wireless broadband speed is slow or dropping out, this desk antenna is the ideal solution for a quick and compact setup. Pop it in your laptop bag and use at the airport or your hotel room if you are on the move. Use it in your study or at the office to get that extra bit of speed and improve your broadband experience.

If you do not know where the nearest cell tower is, you can quickly rotate the antenna to face the window or door where signal is coming into the house.

Some of the above antennas in a live installation at Irene Farm (taken from Poynting Direct, Facebook):

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421650683.463890.jpg
Views: 17868
Size:  178.5 KB
    Last edited by Azimuth; 19-01-2015 at 08:58 AM.

First up for discussion, an antenna which has high acclaim worldwide: the XPOL-0002.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cj2F1AUkQk

I've been using this antenna myself on and off since December 2013. I purchased it for Telkom Mobile LTE but didn't double check the supported frequencies i.e. I should have purchased the XPOL-06.

XPOL-0002 frequency gain chart:

I then used it with Afrihost/MTN LTE for a while before disconnecting it (paused my Afrihost Mobile account to switch to Telkom Mobile full time). I only reconnected it again last week in preparation for my new Afrihost 10+10GB service that I ordered (stopping my Telkom Mobile service).

My installation from 6 months ago:

Attachment 88497

Attachment 88499

Attachment 88501

Attachment 88503

Attachment 88505

Attachment 88507

I will post some before and after stats as soon as Afrihost have sorted out LTE provisioning on my SIM.

As noted above in Post # 3, a new version of this antenna is about to be released in SA shortly, supporting all frequencies from 650MHz to 2700MHz.

I doubt I will get the XPOL-0002-v2 to replace mine. Telkom Mobile LTE works well enough without an antenna. When I do feel the need to use Telkom Mobile LTE, I'll switch to internal antennas on my B593 CPE.
    Last edited by Azimuth; 20-07-2014 at 05:32 PM.

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Azimuth View Post

This thread will serve as a more dedicated area to discuss Poynting antennas which have been going on in other threads.

<snip>

Any suggestions to improve the thread are welcome.
    Thanks Azimuth - great thread idea, and great initial content.

Suggestion : In your antenna summaries, it might be a good idea to state which of the antennas are omnidirectional (just the A-XPOL-0001, so far) and which are directional (all the rest, so far).

In terms of content, you might also want to consider adding a section for the A-XPOL-0010, a new desktop "semi-omni" product that is due to be released round about now :

Name:  A-XPOL-0010.JPG
Views: 18961
Size:  35.6 KB
    Source : see here :

As my own contribution, I'd also like to post Poynting's handy "quick reference" chart, which gives quite a nice overview of all the different antennas to complement the technical detail you've already given :

Name:  Poynting LTE antenna chart.jpg
Views: 19377
Size:  62.5 KB
    Source : see here

The jury is still out on the directional A-XPOL-0002 V1/V2 as regards the real level of compatibility with Telkom Mobile. Both the original V1 version and the new V2 version appear(ed) on the selector chart as being OK for wideband use with all operators, including Telkom Mobile (TDD 2300-2400MHz). But technically the performance of the A-XPOL-0002-V1 in the Telkom Mobile band is marginal, and practical experience seems to support that theory (thanks, Azimuth). We wait with interest to hear how the new V2 performs, when it becomes more freely available and somebody uses it!
    Last edited by jcheek; 14-07-2014 at 10:14 AM.

Here's an XPOL-0002 LTE installation in Norway, testing the operating temperatures of the product:

An XPOL-0002 along with LPDA-0092 LTE installation in Mauritius. Installation by Inceptionworks.

Sourced from Poynting Direct, Facebook.

Note what looks like 0.5 metre spacing between the antennas. Wish I knew where to obtain a stay wire kit for those types of (high) installations.
    Last edited by Azimuth; 14-07-2014 at 01:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jcheek View Post
    Suggestion : In your antenna summaries, it might be a good idea to state which of the antennas are omnidirectional (just the A-XPOL-0001, so far) and which are directional (all the rest, so far).
    Done.

In terms of content, you might also want to consider adding a section for the A-XPOL-0010
    Will do so later. I've found due to the Tapatalk attachment issue, some posts I need to do behind a desktop and not on my iPad.

The jury is still out on the directional A-XPOL-0002 V1/V2 as regards the real level of compatibility with Telkom Mobile. Both the original V1 version and the new V2 version appear(ed) on the selector chart as being OK for wideband use with all operators, including Telkom Mobile (TDD 2300-2400MHz). But technically the performance of the A-XPOL-0002-V1 in the Telkom Mobile band is marginal, and practical experience seems to support that theory (thanks, Azimuth). We wait with interest to hear how the new V2 performs, when it becomes more freely available and somebody uses it!
    I'm reluctant to quote the mail I received from Poynting (sales person only) on this matter and hope to get proper feedback from a technical staff member.

I was still going to post but while waiting for my Afrihost SIM to be provisioned for LTE, it's running on 3G. My XPOL-0002 is doing nothing to boost the poor 2-bar signal. I'm dumbfounded. It's as if my XPOL-0002 is "broken".
    Last edited by Azimuth; 14-07-2014 at 10:36 AM.

To keep things flowing, let's also introduce the big daddy LPDA-0092 here. Later jcheek will introduce us to the LPDA-0020.

I used the LPDA-0092 for my entry into LTE when trialling viability, while my ADSL service was at an all-time low.

Attachment 74453

Attachment 74455

Attachment 74457

Attachment 74459

Attachment 74461

In the photo is another Poynting device but not the XPOL-0002. It's an old panel antenna that housed a MikroTik RB411, now decommissioned.

The LPDA-0092 provided stellar results. My install went from -106dBm to -69dBm on a B593. The highest speed I ever tested was 73Mbps. I had to install the LPDA quite high up to get clearance; at the time I didn't realise I had an ever better installation point (closer to where my XPOL-0002 is now) but in all honestly, at the time I was dead set against locating my B593 CPE in the lounge. As the antenna install point commands where the LTE router goes, there's no point in arguing this.

Here's my post from another thread in October 2013, with all the important figures.

Quote Originally Posted by Azimuth View Post
    Right, so this is my first attempt at joining the big boys with serious mobile broadband. This was all because I wanted the best possible LTE signal so that I could finally shrug off the oppressive yoke of high-attenuation low-SNR ADSL.

Area: Helderkruin
    Mobile broadband of choice: Telkom Mobile
    Distance from tower: ~1.36m (updated 15/12/2013)
    Cell ID: 174
    Antennas used: 2 * Poynting all-band LPDA-0092 in horizontal/vertical diversity (MIMO)
    Bracket: medium wall bracket from Poynting
    Mast: 3m mast from Poynting
    Router: Huawei B593-u91 LTE CPE (2300MHz only)
    Before antennas: -106dBm, 2 bars
    After antennas: -69dBm, 5 bars
    Antenna cable length: 7m
    Extension cable: +5m additional, dropping signal to -73dBm
    Speeds:
    Telkom Mobile LTE Speedtest Results - post-trial
    Installation cost: approximately R3.5k (updated 30/01/2014)
    The antenna installation itself was quite tricky: I had to use a 3m mast, work precariously on the edge of the roof, lower the mast to actually fasten the antennas, then raise it up again once everything was bolted. While the installation was sound, I was pretty distressed about the violent winds we get in my area. I had images of the pole bending, or everything being ripped down, smashing my B593 into the wall inside the house (I used temporary routing of cables through a window while trialling LTE).

At some point it dawned on me that I had clear LOS from the other side of my house and I subsequently installed the XPOL-0002.

The person I on sold the LPDAs too also had great success.

Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah
    Quote Originally Posted by Azimuth
    Morning

How did your installation go and what have your results been like?

Pete
    Havent had time to do the installation so I took the base of one of my outside umbrellas and just put it up on my stoep for the time being got these results as it currently sits
    Ping 47ms
    Download 49.36Mbps
    Upload 7.67Mbps
    whereas before I wasnt getting more than 6Mbps down and uploads of less than 1Mbps
    Last edited by Azimuth; 30-07-2014 at 07:41 AM.

My completed XPOL-0002 installation, which I never got around to posting in the past:

I guess what you would call a "window of opportunity"? Perfect gap between the neighbours and my palm tree.

Blends in much better than an LPDA.

Angle shot.

Front shot. With the open mast space below the antenna, I opted to install a Ubiquiti UniFi AP-Outdoor+ for perfect WiFi coverage for the pool and lapa areas. It's still unpowered after 6 months (pretty much because winter set in and we stopped going down to the pool).

MTN tower at dusk... I really need to ask the neighbours nicely to remove their old tennis court fence, since the court is long gone. Quite unsightly.

As of this evening I'm off Telkom Mobile and switched on to Afrihost Mobile.

Before XPOL-0002:

Signal bars: 3
    Signal strength: -92dBm to -88dBm
    Speed test stats: 18Mbps down, 19Mbps up, 35ms ping

After XPOL-0002:

Signal bars: 5
    Signal strength: -77dBm
    Speed test stats: 25Mbps down, 19Mbps up, 34ms ping

I ran Telkom Mobile and MTN LTE side by side in two adjacent B593 routers.

Telkom Mobile has full signal without antennas, arguably not needing an external antenna. MTN signal, from the same tower, is quite a bit weaker. Pretty interesting no? A result of 2300 MHz vs 1800MHz?
    Last edited by Azimuth; 21-07-2014 at 05:30 AM.

Grandmaster

Nice XPOL-0002 install, Azimuth !

I'm chuckling because I've used those self-same "corner shelves" to carry various DSL modems and Wireless Access Points in a variety of different installs in the past

Thanks also for the additional content on the antennas, really a nice (and very useful) resource now.

Another (very minor) suggestion would be to emphasize which of the antenna solutions require a double purchase (eg LPDA-0020, or LPDA-0092) as opposed to those which are complete in themselves (eg A-XPOL-0002). On some solutions it's pretty clear, but on others (eg the A-XPOL-0010 and A-OMNI-0069-V3) it's not that obvious. I see that the A-XPOL-0010 will come with twin RG-174 feed cables which are nice and thin (3mm OD). Very desktop-friendly.

Also worth noting that Poynting sell some of the dual-antenna LTE solutions ( like this one ) in kit form - everything you need already in a box.

Again, great work - thanks in advance, on behalf of all the people this is going to help in the near future !
    Last edited by jcheek; 15-07-2014 at 04:46 PM.

Thanks for the kind words. Now please post the build up to your LPDA-0020...

Azimuth - thank you very much for your comprehensive postings here - it is greatly appreciated and you are to be commended for your time and effort. I hope to be able to add some value to this forum at some point (I joined the forum today) and am experimenting with Poynting aerials.

Thanks again

Excellent, welcome aboard!

Grandmaster

Default Some thoughts on antenna choices for LTE

For the moment at least, most of us adopting LTE probably want to achieve maximum possible choice of service providers, ie you want to be able to switch easily between the likes of MTN, Vodacom and Telkom Mobile in order to get the best service and value for money from both network provider and ISP.
    Arguably, you might also still want some degree of "fallback" capability so that you can continue to use 3G or even - perish the thought - EDGE and plain old GSM if the LTE wheels were really to come off. This means you want :
    a) An LTE router that supports operation in both FDD (Frequency-Division Duplexing) and TDD (Time-Division Duplexing) LTE modes. The router must also support operation in the frequency band(s) used by your chosen network operator(s). For the moment at least, MTN, Vodacom and Neotel currently use FDD in Band 3 (1710-1880MHz); whereas only Telkom Mobile (so far) is using TDD in Band E (2300-2400MHz).
    b) An antenna system that gives good performance and supports operation in LTE, 3G and perhaps EDGE/GSM modes at the frequencies used by your chosen network operator(s). The system should offer consistent performance to give a nice, stable internet connection - something that built-in antennas are not always that good at.
    c) If you opt for a directional antenna system, the ability to orient the antennas suitably for different network operators' towers, if the need arises.

All of this is no mean feat. Fortunately, in the Huawei B593s-601 router, we have a near-perfect solution for the requirements of (a) - for South Africa, and for the present, at least.
    If you have decent signal, the internal antennas in the B593 are already pretty good. In my situation, they actually seem to perform slightly better than the included "ice-cream stick" external antennas.
    However, if you're in an area of marginal signal, or you want more consistent performance and higher speed, you'll want to consider a better antenna solution - either one of Poynting's "desktop" antennas, like the XPOL-0010, or an external antenna system. While the desktop solutions are convenient and portable, almost any suitable external antenna system is going to position you well for better performance.

As regards external antennas, you may want to try one of Poynting's omnidirectional antennas like the XPOL-0001, particularly if you seem to have reasonable signal already. The advantages would be:
    - It's a self-contained antenna already including the two elements needed for LTE.
    - It doesn't lock you into any one network operator as it supports all common frequency bands.
    - It retains compatibility with 3G, EDGE and GSM.
    - It doesn't lock you into one tower as it's not directional.
    Going a little more complicated, you could try two of Poynting's OMNI-0121's or OMNI-0069's (watch this video for excellent insights on this).

If you want even better performance, and you can handle a bit of schlepp if/when changing service providers, then you probably want to consider a directional antenna system. This will mean having to align the antenna when setting up and when changing network operators. In more extreme cases (like the XPOL-0006, which is completely specific to Telkom Mobile), you may limit yourself to one network operator and/or one communication system (like LTE).

If I were starting from scratch with LTE, I would probably go for the new XPOL-0002-V2 dual-element antenna when it becomes available in SA. On paper at least, these offer a good compromise for the requirements of (b) and (c) above. They are quite directional and offer good gain and matching across all the frequency bands currently used in SA for "1G" (GSM), 2G (EDGE), 3G and "4G" (LTE).

It's important to note that Poynting are regularly updating their antenna designs to offer improved performance and to take account of frequency bands starting to be utilised in SA (and elsewhere). This results in designations like "V2" and "V3" which should be watched carefully, particularly if you're buying on the second-hand market.
    A case in point was Telkom's recent allocation of spectrum at 2300-2400MHz. The technical performance of Poynting's original XPOL-0002 wideband antenna (the "V1", in retrospect) was arguably marginal in that band, with both a significant mismatch (high VSWR) and a variation of VSWR slap-bang in the middle in that band. The new "V2" version (the XPOL-0002-V2) addresses that shortcoming, so this is a good one to watch.

It so happens that I already have two Poynting LPDA-0020 antennas left over from a previous 3G project, so I'll be trying those shortly. The '0020 is an LPDA (Log-Periodic Dipole) ultra-wideband antenna intended for use across basically all common frequency bands from GSM through 3G (1700-2170MHz) and LTE, also including the 2.4GHz WLAN band. Like the XPOL-0002, it was also recently updated to "V2" (LPDA-0020-V2), with some obvious changes to the performance curves :

Name:  LPDA-0020-v1 charts.jpg
Views: 18781
Size:  35.0 KB

Name:  LPDA-0020-v2 charts.jpg
Views: 18699
Size:  27.8 KB

At face value - given the much more variable gain and so-so VSWR curves on the V2 - you could be forgiven for wondering if it's actually an improvement. But if nothing else, V2 is at least fully characterised above 2400MHz. This could be an advantage if any operators start to utilise spectrum above 2400MHz in future.
    LPDA-0020-V2 also has a slightly different mounting arrangement - the mounting bracket is now separate from the antenna back plate, whereas with V1 it was an integral part.

In terms of performance, a twin LPDA-0020 array should be comparable to the new XPOL-0002-V2. In terms of aesthetics, it's not nearly as "pretty" as the XPOL, but not quite as industrial as a twin LPDA-0092 installation. Another downside is that you need two of everything in the signal cable path, including two surge protectors, if you go that far.

One thing that intrigues me is this : In Poynting's LTE videos, they show two LPDA-0092 antennas oriented at 0 degrees and 90 degrees relative to the vertical plane, ie vertical and horizontal. For the LPDA-0020, they show the two antennas mounted orthogonally, but at +45 and -45 to the vertical plane - see here.
    I'm curious about :
    a) Why most of Poynting's LTE antennas have horizontal and vertical elements, whereas the dual LPDA-0020 array is an exception at +45/-45 degrees;
    b) Whether it would be possible/advisable to mount an LPDA-0020 array in the 0/90 position (as opposed to +45/-45); and
    c) What the relative advantages (if any) of a 0/90 array might be.

Intuitively, it seems that a more conventional 0/90 installation might give better fallback performance when used with 3G. So far I haven't managed to get a technical opinion out of Poynting, but I'm still hopeful! More when I know more. Anyone else with info on the subject, please share.

I'll be posting some install pics and performance tests as things progress.
    Last edited by jcheek; 14-09-2016 at 10:31 AM.

Jirre, that's going to take some time to read. I laaaik!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 27 1234511 ... LastLast