10 things Ramaphosa should do immediately!

RedViking

Nord of the South
.........His first call of duty will be finalising the State of the Nation Address to be delivered on Friday night. The speech needs to give South Africans hope – for a better future, economic growth and severe anti-corruption measures.

After brainstorming with my colleagues at News24, we came up with a list of ten things Ramaphosa should immediately do to set the right tone and show that he is not only a man of words, but action......

1. Fire Bathabile Dlamini.....
2. Fire Mosebenzi Zwane.....
3. Fire Bongani Bongo....
4. Fire Faith Muthambi....
5. Fire David Mahlobo....
6. Move Fikile Mbalula.....
7. Fire Shaun Abrahams and appoint a new NPA boss....
8. Fire Tom Moyane and appoint a new SARS boss....
9. Cancel the nuclear deal and embrace green energy....
10. Establish anti-corruption unit.....
- ADRIAAN BASSON

https://www.news24.com/Columnists/AdriaanBasson/10-things-ramaphosa-should-do-immediately-20180215

What is on your wishlist?

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
Nothing wrong with Nuclear Power, it is more stable and provides better output than Renewable sources. In fact Nuclear Power is the ultimate Green energy.
He just needs to clean up the deal and get rid of the corrupt tenders.
And appoint competent people to oversee the implementation of it.

One thing I would do if I was him, is to hire a few more body guards.

Also, there are a lot more people who should be on that list to be fired.

Verde

Expert Member
The economy must be his first priority - we need a credible budget delivered next week to keep our creditors at bay - SA is bankrupt if we can't make a good case that future economic growth will ease the deficit.

For that we need a credible finance minister and above reproach people in the other key portfolios.

Trevor Manual would be my 1st choice followed by Nene.

Big cabinet reshuffle or even better entire new cabinet needs to be in place by next week.

I think the new finance minister has been in the loop for more than 2 weeks, and Gigaba was instructed to give him free rein.
In return Gigaba will likely stay in cabinet, but demoted to an irrelevant portfolio.

konfab

Honorary Master
1) Start the privatisation of SAA, Post office and Eskom in a manner similar to Telkom. The government can keep a large stake in said companies to keep the public involved. The evidence speaks for itself:
https://www.moneyweb.co.za/news/companies-and-deals/telkom-a-lone-beacon-of-hope/
2) Tell the minister of water affairs authorise everything the City of Cape Town needs to stave off the drought.
3) Free higher education for any university should be scrapped. In its place, significantly more funding for UNISA should be put in place so that the government can provide free higher education through UNISA. That is far more financially possible than trying to fund the likes of Stellenbosch and UCT. NSFAS should remain, but it should be limited to degrees that cover the skills listed on government's list of skills in demand.
http://www.dhet.gov.za/Gazette/Government%20Gazette%20No%2039604,%2019%20January%202016.%20List%20of%20Occupations%20in%20High%20Demand%202015.pdf

BeerIsNotGood...

Executive Member
Nothing wrong with Nuclear Power, it is more stable and provides better output than Renewable sources. In fact Nuclear Power is the ultimate Green energy.
He just needs to clean up the deal and get rid of the corrupt tenders.
And appoint competent people to oversee the implementation of it.

One thing I would do if I was him, is to hire a few more body guards.

Also, there are a lot more people who should be on that list to be fired.

ffs we could not agree more

BeerIsNotGood...

Executive Member
The economy must be his first priority - we need a credible budget delivered next week to keep our creditors at bay - SA is bankrupt if we can't make a good case that future economic growth will ease the deficit.

For that we need a credible finance minister and above reproach people in the other key portfolios.

Trevor Manual would be my 1st choice followed by Nene.

Big cabinet reshuffle or even better entire new cabinet needs to be in place by next week.

I think the new finance minister has been in the loop for more than 2 weeks, and Gigaba was instructed to give him free rein.
In return Gigaba will likely stay in cabinet, but demoted to an irrelevant portfolio.

And do away with or apply healthy regulation to all sectors especially the the freelancers / Self employed crowd

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
Shawn has filed an appeal with the Constitutional Court meaning the high court order is not enforceable until the matter is finalized.

In that case: suspend him pending the outcome of his appeal and appoint an interim NDPP ...