2017/18 Transfers and Rumours

25th July: "It worries me a little bit, because now we speak about £30m, £40m or £50m in such an easy way.”

31st July: Buys Matic for £40m

giphy.gif

:D
 
^, hang onto your Couts! it's going to be a bumpy ride!

Neymar is going to cost ~2,5 Pogbas :whistle:
 
Agreed,

I wonder what the exact effect will be though
 
Agreed,

I wonder what the exact effect will be though

I guess the immediate effect is Barcelona will look for someone of equal quality and go all-in for them, potentially taking a top player from another league. That in turn will result in those clubs having to do a similar thing and so on.

But perhaps the long-lasting effect is that if Barcelona don't get a good replacement and do poorly next season, could more stars end up moving on? Barcelona's transfer dealings in the past few seasons have been terrible. They could well be in a for a bumpy ride if they don't get it right soon.
 
Last edited:
I guess the immediate effect is Barcelona will look for someone of equal quality and go all-in for them, potentially taking a top player from another league. That in turn will result in those clubs having to do a similar thing and so on.

But perhaps the long-lasting effect is that if Barcelona don't get a good replacement and do poorly next season, could more stars end up moving on? Could destabilize La Liga's top teams, and we might finally see Real Madrid and Barca's dominance in the CL come to an end.

I can see what you saying in terms of the Barca effect and sincerely would like to see that :p

I was wondering if it will take the prices up more than its already ridiculous inflation - imagine a Pickford going for 70mil next window, what would a Bale then cost
 
I was wondering if it will take the prices up more than its already ridiculous inflation - imagine a Pickford going for 70mil next window, what would a Bale then cost

I think there will eventually be a ceiling. UK clubs are getting screwed in transfers due to their TV money, but that is not expected to grow much more than it already is, at least not at a high rate, so maybe we'll see some levelling off soon.
 
I think there will eventually be a ceiling. UK clubs are getting screwed in transfers due to their TV money, but that is not expected to grow much more than it already is, at least not at a high rate, so maybe we'll see some levelling off soon.
I actually don't think the UK clubs are getting screwed. Relegated bottom of the league Sunderland received more money than Bayern, Juventus and Monaco recieved for winning their respective league titles.
 
yep, the domino effect is going to be a b-itch.
That always used to happen in the manager games as soon as you buy one of the big names.

Although it may not happen in this case because they will have more than enough cash to go for Mbappe and I don't think Monaco will be able to attract a "like for like" player of that profile.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X