ABSA experiencing online banking problems again

Azgard

It looked like a DNS issue to me. Each time I refreshed I either got a login page, or a page saying that Internet banking was down..

Eventually I managed to get my business done after 20+ attempts...

Roadrunner

Expert Member
Still down.

You can login, but as soon as you do, you will see the 'Internet Banking Offline' message.

phoneJunky

Executive Member
Haven't been able to get on since about 7ish this morning. Knew I shouldn't have complimented the new site yesterday, just sets it up so the failure looks worse.

Beri

Expert Member
Missed a bloody important payment this morning and it is going to cost me money. Fix it you @#($*&*2

BGE

Expert Member
Can't understand why ABSA leave the login screen up, even when they know there are problems behind the scenes. I get to the login, submit credentials and then receive: The connection was reset... The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

Hate it, makes me think their system is unsecure! Rather take it down and fix it properly!

ID_10_T

Why do you release a new system before month end. Its like getting in a plane with a Kamikaze pilot.....

Sinbad

Honorary Master
Why do you release a new system before month end. Its like getting in a plane with a Kamikaze pilot.....

best way to stress test it hey!

I bet this is some oke under threat of retrenchment's revenge...

ijacobs3

Expert Member
but why do this "upgrade" on the 25th, when 98% of south africa gets paid???

real forward thinking there absa..

Last edited:

BGE

Expert Member
Does matter when they plan upgrades, if ABSA's internet banking portal goes down it's disasterous! It's their biggest client interaction point!

grim

Expert Member
I managed to do all my payments this morning just after 8 without any problems.

Edit: I really like the new Absa Online interface they launched this week.

Last edited: