ADSL Disconnecting at night!!

Klaasman

My internet keeps disconnecting at night, anytime from 18:00 - 00:00. During the day the internet is fine. Now this is unbelievably irritating. I have phoned MWEB and they told me that my line speed is 2Mb and they only give me 1Mb and this might be causing the intermittent connection. They suggested that I should call Telkom and put me back on the 1Mb line speed. I did this and also did a port reset. But the next night the problem was still there.

I play World of Warcraft online and whenever I am with a big group of friends the connection drops for a few times (3-5 times) then it is fine again. Some nights it happens even more and I cant do anything.

When this happens I go check the Router and all the lights are green and the DSL light is flickering green and the Internet light is off or it is solid red.

Can anyone help me with this problem or suggest what steps I should take!! Please help.

Demon7

Expert Member
I have TI 4meg uncapped and I experience this whenever I pay dota2...
Every other time is fine... I play Lol and is fine ... Just dota2

Dompiet

My internet keeps disconnecting at night, anytime from 18:00 - 00:00. During the day the internet is fine. Now this is unbelievably irritating. I have phoned MWEB and they told me that my line speed is 2Mb and they only give me 1Mb and this might be causing the intermittent connection. They suggested that I should call Telkom and put me back on the 1Mb line speed. I did this and also did a port reset. But the next night the problem was still there.

I play World of Warcraft online and whenever I am with a big group of friends the connection drops for a few times (3-5 times) then it is fine again. Some nights it happens even more and I cant do anything.

When this happens I go check the Router and all the lights are green and the DSL light is flickering green and the Internet light is off or it is solid red.

Can anyone help me with this problem or suggest what steps I should take!! Please help.

Short answer: Change your ISP

I am with Plugg for 4 years now, and had the same issues on other ISP's - including Afrihost.

Save your blood pressure and change :D

dews

It seems to me that the cause of the failure is the type of game played. Although i would not recommend MWEB as an ISP, in their defense they do not(and should not) know which games are played by which customers.

Dompiet

It seems to me that the cause of the failure is the type of connection supplied by the ISP. Although i would not recommend MWEB as an ISP, in their defense they do not(and should not) know which games are played by which customers.

Fixed :whistling:

MWEBHelp

MWEB Representative
Company Rep

Good Day Klaasman, do you only encounter the problem when playing WoW?

Please also provide me your MWEB account details.

I have TI 4meg uncapped and I experience this whenever I pay dota2...
Every other time is fine... I play Lol and is fine ... Just dota2

Good Day Demon7, does the problem with dota2 happen throughout the day? Which servers are you playing on?

Please also provide me your MWEB account details.

Last edited:

dews

Thanks Dompiet, I'm also with Plugg, and yeah, best ISP at the moment.

Tim the Techxpert

Expert Member
Hi There,
It could be that the exchange is congested at night and that will not improve if you change your ISP.
I am sure the MWeb guy will get back to you (and the forum) once he has investigated

Regards

Tim

iAmThePope

Short answer: Change your ISP

I am with Plugg for 4 years now, and had the same issues on other ISP's - including Afrihost.

Save your blood pressure and change :D

This. I used to have the opposite problem. Internet would only work at night.. Telkom sent out technicians MANY times.. In the end a change in ISP fixed it for me.