• You are not registered on MyBroadband, which means you miss out on great benefits. To join our community is very easy, and completely free. Register now.
  • Win an Amazon Echo Dot in this two-day giveaway - Enter Here

Adsl issues since 1 July 2017

So I am unfortunately in an area with no Fibre so I rely on my Adsl.
I have a 10mb line but since 1 July 2017 I have had nothing above 6 mb that is stable.
My calls keep getting closed, my line is escalated and never fixed.
Numerous calls logged and spoken to managers with no resolution.

Frustration is an understatement.

No ettr and the generic response from afrihost support is getting boring and stale.

XenitXTD

Just keep nailing them on social media about it until they resolve it

Companies hate social media campaigns these days. Its pretty effective... would not make it a go to approach but if after several attempts and no joy... take em to pieces on social media

AfriFella

Afrihost
Company Rep
So I am unfortunately in an area with no Fibre so I rely on my Adsl.
I have a 10mb line but since 1 July 2017 I have had nothing above 6 mb that is stable.
My calls keep getting closed, my line is escalated and never fixed.
Numerous calls logged and spoken to managers with no resolution.

Frustration is an understatement.

No ettr and the generic response from afrihost support is getting boring and stale.
Morning Mike. I'm definitely aware of your fault history and your discussions with our Twitter team as well as our Live Chat team. Your line has definitely been unstable lately and I can assure you that every person who you have made contact with so far (From Social Media to our Support Managers) have done their best to escalate your fault with Openeserve. Your fault does seem to relate to the degraded quality of your copper line which is why it doesn't appear to be an easy fix, but I can assure you that your fault is still open and Openserve are acknowledging our escalations and will resolve the matter as quickly as possible. From my side, I have escalated your fault internally as well as with Openeserve, again.

Thank you, Can you please provide me an explanation why my calls on your system and Telkoms system have been closed from 1 July
And keep getting new ones opened to start the clock over.

AfriFella

Afrihost
Company Rep
Thank you, Can you please provide me an explanation why my calls on your system and Telkoms system have been closed from 1 July
And keep getting new ones opened to start the clock over.
I don't have that kind of insight into Openserve's system. It's best to always respond to the automated SMS that gets sent if your fault persists. That will help to keep the same fault open. As per your chats with our Twitter team, I can see that we have, however, been informing Openserve that the nature of your fault has not changed since you first logged it. I can assure you that your fault is still open, Mike.

So 72 min queue for afrihost support
.. My line is flapping and no longer stable. Since the rain started my dsl has been flapping. So clearly there is a massive cable fault. No calls or updates resembling it is being attended to. Going on 4 months now.

AfriFella

Afrihost
Company Rep
So 72 min queue for afrihost support
.. My line is flapping and no longer stable. Since the rain started my dsl has been flapping. So clearly there is a massive cable fault. No calls or updates resembling it is being attended to. Going on 4 months now.
I'm sorry to hear that, Mike. When is the last time you heard from an Openserve technician?

Last Time was 20th September 2017 .
No feedback, no calls
no resolution
From 1 July i have been paying full price for barely a service.

So Mid Discussion with your online support the person disappears.
Then i see that it has been closed.

Wow shocking support or lack there of.

26 Open calls.....

Last edited:

AfriGenie

Afrihost
Company Rep
So Mid Discussion with your online support the person disappears.
Then i see that it has been closed.

Wow shocking support or lack there of.

26 Open calls.....
I believe our Team on Twitter is busy working with you at the moment. :) We'll get to the bottom of this!

Busy working with it. . . Ummm i think not.
All i keep getting is delay tactics.
Asking the same questions over and over.
My adsl was ported to you so i dont have to fight with telkom, in the endi am now having to fight with Afrihost and Telkom.

AfriGenie

Afrihost
Company Rep
Busy working with it. . . Ummm i think not.
All i keep getting is delay tactics.
Asking the same questions over and over.
My adsl was ported to you so i dont have to fight with telkom, in the endi am now having to fight with Afrihost and Telkom.
:(

If there is an issue on your DSL line we still need to log a fault with Openserve, and they will still need to dispatch a tech to resolve it.

We will do our best to get that tech out to you as quickly as possible.

Services Cancelled - waiting since 1 june 2017, with 26 open calls and no resolution in sight, i made another plan, with a 20mb wireless 1:1 service uncapped cheaper than what i was getting a 10mb capped adsl that ran at 4.5mb on a good day.
Guess that i will try log a dispute for last 4 months loss of service, probably wont get a refund.

AfriMan

Afrihost Representative
Company Rep
Services Cancelled - waiting since 1 june 2017, with 26 open calls and no resolution in sight, i made another plan, with a 20mb wireless 1:1 service uncapped cheaper than what i was getting a 10mb capped adsl that ran at 4.5mb on a good day.
Guess that i will try log a dispute for last 4 months loss of service, probably wont get a refund.
Sorry to hear you've cancelled, Mike. We wish you all the best for the future :)