Advice on iPhone 6s CPO

Tech_

Hi All
I'm due an upgrade on my secondary contract however I'm not keen to get an iPhone on a 36 month package as I see alot of their newer
phones are structured like that.
I saw a deal for a 2 x 64gb 6s Certified Pre Owned at more or less the same as what I'm currently paying.
Has anybody ever had a CPO unit and can shed some light if its worth getting one.

MR.C

Expert Member
Hi All
I'm due an upgrade on my secondary contract however I'm not keen to get an iPhone on a 36 month package as I see alot of their newer
I saw a deal for a 2 x 64gb 6s Certified Pre Owned at more or less the same as what I'm currently paying.
Has anybody ever had a CPO unit and can shed some light if its worth getting one.
It's a phone that was traded in and rebuilt/serviced/renewed/reset by Apple. Comes with a new battery, new charger, etc in a sealed box. As good as new.

epah

Expert Member
Don’t buy it. The 6s is known for terrible battery life. Used to own one for 4 years and the battery was sh*t from day one. Look at an IPhone 8+ preferably

Kiemo

Hi All
well ... I have been using my iPhone 6s for about two years now I’m in the same boat as you ... don’t listen to people that don’t understand the product that’s point one I no I’ll make some enemies here but hey sorry guys I’m using the phone at this very moment and it’s not as bad ... where it comes to the battery it’s not bad I play PUBG most of the time and that game can take much battery so honestly it’s not bad if you only gonna use it as a normal day to day phone ... what’s out there now isn’t worth the money true ... if you wanna hey 2 x iPhones and feel you can give one to someone you love or friend why not ... if you need a iPhone for yourself then I suggest go for the iPhone 7 ... the price isn’t that bad honestly with the 6s we will get another software update most probably 14 will be out last update like I said if you planning on using the iPhone as per normal and you not a phone junky need all the latest stuff and all those fancy things go for it

Tech_

Thanks for all the input.
I do have a 6s as my primary phone for almost 4 years now and the battery has been replaced once other than that it’s never given me issues and I’m happy with the phone and don’t need to have the latest devices considering what I use the phone for.
The upgrade is for my wife as her 6 is falling apart and I was just concerned about getting a CPO phone and wanted feedback on people’s experiences of owning a CPO phone.

Kiemo

Thanks for all the input.
I do have a 6s as my primary phone for almost 4 years now and the battery has been replaced once other than that it’s never given me issues and I’m happy with the phone and don’t need to have the latest devices considering what I use the phone for.
The upgrade is for my wife as her 6 is falling apart and I was just concerned about getting a CPO phone and wanted feedback on people’s experiences of owning a CPO phone.
oh I see ... well ... honestly I haven’t used my yet but I have friends that got them those CPO

If it’s a good price why not plus your wife will get a solid software update so she won’t feel she has the same iPhone ... only in size yes but a different IOS feel so that’s definitely gonna give her a new iPhone feel ...

So honestly if the price fits you and you ok with it why not ... go for it bud

zerocool2009

Expert Member
I was in this same boat 1 year ago. Had a 4s since 2010. Fnb pushed me to get a new phone, as their app software for the ios version was end of life.

My honest 2c, go big (as in iphone X at least). I got an Iphone 64gb at R9200 last year July). I took the knock via ebucks. Think this will hold me for at least 7 or 8 years

Tech_

I was in this same boat 1 year ago. Had a 4s since 2010. Fnb pushed me to get a new phone, as their app software for the ios version was end of life.

My honest 2c, go big (as in iphone X at least). I got an Iphone 64gb at R9200 last year July). I took the knock via ebucks. Think this will hold me for at least 7 or 8 years
How I wish I could get 1 of the newer models like an X or the new SE but it’s just not economical right now but thanks for your input.

zerocool2009

Expert Member
How I wish I could get 1 of the newer models like an X or the new SE but it’s just not economical right now but thanks for your input.
Look, tech prices is crazy. What I was trying to say, if you upgrade, dont go 6 to 7 (you will waste your money), soon you will need to upgrade again